Register

Question about questions

For version specific questions
User

Question about questions

Postby Mister-Vinyl » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:30 am

Hello,

I will try to explain what I'm trying to do. I would like to use Viewlet builder as a means to create a survey in a research. In this research, several items were found and I would like to know which of the items the respondents find most important. In my research i have found approxemately 50 items (doesn't really matter about what) and I want the respondents to tell me which 8 out of a total of 50 items they find most important.

I've managed to create a question like that, in which they can click on 8 of the 50 items, but i would also like to know how important they find each of the 8 selected items, for instance using a Likert scale.

However, I don't know how to reproduce their given answer in the first sheet, onto a new sheet. Is this possible? To create a new sheet which displays the answers given on the previous sheet? So that they can then indicate not only which items they find important, but also how important they find them?

Please help!

Kind regards,

Kees

User

Re: Question about questions

Postby Qathy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:15 pm

ViewletBuilder does not have any type of feature that would dynamically generate a 'second' slide on the fly based on the selections (in your situation, 1-8 choices out of 50) on a new slide. However, you might consider this design approach.

Consider using a Multiple Choice - Fill in the Blank question type and set the Scoring Mode to Survey - Not Scored. Then, on the slide, create two columns of text input fields with eight in each column. Provide instructions for the learner to type in the appropriate item description from the list of fifty provided and also to input the level of importance (not important / important / very important) next to each one. By doing this, the learner can input the information and then the results would be generated to you from this one slide based on their textual input. The key would be to make sure the 'title text' next to each input field would need to be set so it can be identified from the list (from 1-8) and which level of importance went with each item in the report sent to you.

Below I've created a simple slide with just 3 items in the two columns set up to give a start of how you might set this up. It's missing all 16 text input fields, of course, plus it's missing the list of research items, but it's just to give you an idea of how you might use this design approach (with your own tweaking) as a successful workaround.

slideexample.png

User

Re: Question about questions

Postby Mister-Vinyl » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:07 am

Okay yes, this is indeed what I'm looking for. Thank you for your response, I'll try this!

Return to ViewletBuilder8