Register

Zoom zone doesn't work

For version specific questions
User

Zoom zone doesn't work

Postby musictec » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:55 am

Hi,

Is there an instance when a Zoom Zone DOES NOT work?
I have a slide with a screen capture as "Background" (in the Timeline).
I inserted a Zoom Zone and can see this in the timeline as well as able to resize the "zoom area" to make it smaller (so the area that is zoomed will appear larger).

However when I play it back to test (by dragging the cursor in the timeline to manually "scrub" the elements), it doesn't zoom! :-o

Help?
Thanks!

Site Admin

Re: Zoom zone doesn't work

Postby James » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:30 am

Hello,

I haven't heard of anything like that happening. The best thing to do is upload your project for review. Save the archive (File>Create Archive) and upload to www.qarbon.com / upload

Site Admin

Postby James » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:07 am

Hello Khew,

I looked at the project you sent us (zoom issue.zip) and there are alot of issues with it.

The first is there isn't a background image in the project. The Zoom Zone only works with the background images.

The Problems tab also shows a few other issues.

zoomissue1.png

zoomissue2.png

User

Postby musictec » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:14 pm

Let me resend you this.
The lack of images may be due to my cropping off the other slides and only leaving the slide in question for your reference.
The original file has a lot more slides than what I sent you! Also, I'm pretty sure this one slide had a background image as well, originally.

In any case, how does one "convert" an inserted image to a background image? I noticed that VB will do it for me automatically, only when I do a video capture, then it'll turn my main screen area to a "background image".
But when I insert an image, and set the "Arrange" to background, that's not really a background image, right?

Thanks!

Site Admin

Postby James » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:29 pm

Khew,

If you want to load images to the background you need to do it slide by slide using the frame editor or using Image Project to bring them in.

backgroundframe.png

backgroundframe2.png

backgroundframe3.png

Adding images this way will never make the background layer - they always sit on top

backgroundframe4.png

Return to ViewletBuilder8