Register

Zoom zone question

For version specific questions
User

Zoom zone question

Postby musictec » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a clickable zone with the Zoom Zone enabled.
However, I can't seem to get the clickable zone to show up!
What I'm a little confused about is whether I should set up the clickable zone in the "normal sized" screen, or when it has "zoomed" :?:

Tried both (and even tried to bring the clickable zone to the forefront), but not able to show up still :o
I'm using VB Enterprise 8.0.5
Thanks!

User

Re: Zoom zone question

Postby Qathy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:58 am

First, I noticed you are using an earlier version of ViewletBulder8, version 8.0.5. Please make sure you update your version to the latest available. Then go ahead and recompile your project in the latest release. I believe this may resolve your issue.

If not, then it may be a design/authoring issue. Normally, as a best practice, I would not recommend mixing the Zoom effect with an interactive Click Zone assessment, but it is doable. You can download a test project archive (that I used as a test) from this link:

http://www.qarbon.com/public/files/clickzone_zoomzone_test.qvp

Once you download it, open this file archive inside ViewletBuilder8 and save it.

This test project contains a Zoom Zone with a Click Zone in the middle of it. Look along the timeline on the video slide in this project to see how the design is set up. Then, preview it in your browser. What SHOULD happen is this:

1. Viewlet plays and Zooms in on a part of the slide.

2. Viewlet pauses (due to the Click Zone) waiting for the viewer to click on the slide (Note: I didn't put in any instructions to the viewer as to what to do. I just set it to allow two attempts to click in the right area. If you look in the source file, you will see where I set up the click zone area so you would know where to click to get it correct.)

3. I would recommend you do the following:

--When the Viewlet pauses, click on the wrong area and make sure the On Incorrect feedback displays.
--Click on the correct area and make sure the On Correct feedback message displays.

4. Once the click area is answered correctly, or after two incorrect attempts are made, the Viewlet should then switch back to play mode and continue on.

I hope this information helps as well as looking at the test project from the link above.

User

Postby musictec » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:58 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I will take a look at your example code later and revert if there's anything else.

Meanwhile, taking a quick look, I believe VB version 8.0.5 IS the latest version?? :D

Thanks!

User

Postby Qathy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:17 am

Yes, you are correct. ViewletBuilder8.0.5 x1826 is the latest download available as of this post.

User

Postby musictec » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:06 pm

Ok, I see what you did for the sample file. I got mine working now :-)
The main difference was I did not use a "Quiz" for that slide, initially. I created a clickable area, and "On Click", moved to the next slide. So that doesn't work? :-o

Also, another question:
I noticed once a Zoom is invoked on one slide, the next slide appears to still be zoomed in. If I wanted that 2nd slide to still be zoomed in, should I copy the zoom from Slide 1's timeline to be copied to Slide 2's? Would that be a "safe practice", or I can just leave it zoomed until a later slide, when I want to zoom out again?

Thanks!

User

Postby Qathy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:56 am

Okay, I misunderstood what you were trying to do and used a ClickZone. You do NOT have to use a click zone. If you are attempting to provide a hotspot (or an interactive button or clickable text link--all work the same), you should STILL be able to insert them on the slide inside the timeline where a zoom zone is active, just like the ClickZone. I've revised the file and uploaded it to our public server. You can download it from this link:

http://www.qarbon.com/public/files/clickzone_zoomzone_test_rev1205.qvp

Here's what I did.
1. Duplicated the first slide.

2. Removed the ClickZone and Zoom Zone from the duplicate (now second) slide (using this second slide just so that we have one for this test to move to).

3. On the original first slide, I removed JUST the ClickZone. In its place (at 8 seconds along the timeline) I added a green rectangle shape.

4. I made this shape clickable by adding an On Click Event with the Move to Slide > Move Forward 1 slide Action so when the viewer clicks the green rectangle, it will move to the next slide. NOTE: This 'hotspot' is visible and usable in the Zoom Zone when the Viewlet is played back.

5. I also added a Pause Zone (which is the element I think you might have been missing in your original design) at the SAME 8 second frame along the timeline to force the Viewlet to pause so the viewer has time to click the green rectangle shape.

I also kept the second Zoom Zone on the original slide. This second one forces the Viewlet to Zoom back in Full Screen so that there is no longer any Zoom in place. This should answer your second question...

If, when the viewer clicks to move to the next slide, you want them to see the SAME Zoom action on the slide (basically, the same view when they move to the next slide), don't add another Zoom Zone yet that has the slide go back to full screen/area. As far as a 'safe' or 'best' practice, it depends on what you want to achieve here.

My suggestion would be that if the information on the next (second slide) is within the Zoomed in area, keep it zoomed in until later. If not, then add a Zoom Zoom at the beginning of the second slide that goes back to Full Screen so there is no longer any area at that point with a zoomed in action.

One other thing, in Project Properties, if you want you 'clickable object' to change to a hand cursor when the viewer moves the mouse over it, go to Project (menu) > Project Properties. In the Project Properties dialog, select 'Viewlet Options' and in the Other Options area, select the option to 'Use hand cursor for On Click Events'.

hand_cursor.gif

I hope this follow up clears up some of the confusion with when to use a ClickZone as opposed to when to use a combination of a clickable object/text link/etc. with a Pause Zone in tandem with a Zoom Zone.

Return to ViewletBuilder8