Register

SCORM / LMS issues with Viewlet

For version specific questions
User

SCORM / LMS issues with Viewlet

Postby TKET_VB » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:09 am

Hello everyone!

I have produced a little e-learning with Viewlet Builder 8 and am experiencing some problems with the SCORM package and the integration into our corporate LMS.
I have exported the project as SCORM 1.2 with the standard options activated by the software.
After integrating the SCORM into the LMS I am experiencing the following issues:

1) User studies the elearning let's say until slide 5/25 and then closes the course. If the user logs in a second time into the elearning, he starts again on slide 1. Shouldn't the progress be saved as regards the last visited page?

2) When finishing the elearning in 1 go and succesfully, everything works fine. Progress is set to 100%, status is set to complete. After loggin in & out again, elearning is set again to 0 and also the completion status is updated , as if the training had not been finished succesfully in the past. Is there any way to provent this behavior with the Viewlet elearnings?

I have also made some tests with SCORM 2004 but in the end I did not manage to get "status completed" with SCORM 2004, so I went for 1.2.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

TKET_VB

Site Admin

Re: SCORM / LMS issues with Viewlet

Postby James » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:05 pm

Hello,

Only SCORM 2004 has bookmarking implemented.

1) User studies the elearning let's say until slide 5/25 and then closes the course. If the user logs in a second time into the elearning, he starts again on slide 1. Shouldn't the progress be saved as regards the last visited page?

Not using SCORM 1.2

2) When finishing the elearning in 1 go and successfully, everything works fine. Progress is set to 100%, status is set to complete. After logging in & out again, elearning is set again to 0 and also the completion status is updated , as if the training had not been finished successfully in the past. Is there any way to prevent this behavior with the Viewlet elearnings?

If this is using SCORM 1.2 then again, normal. Each time you take the course its a brand new session and your LMS will treat it like a new attempt.

I have also made some tests with SCORM 2004 but in the end I did not manage to get "status completed" with SCORM 2004, so I went for 1.2.

If you didn't complete the entire course or exit early this could affect the status.

You are welcome to submit your project for review.

scorm1.png

Return to ViewletBuilder8