Register

Editing Cursor Path in Video Capture

For version specific questions
User

Editing Cursor Path in Video Capture

Postby ErinO1218 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:42 am

Is it possible to edit the cursor path in a video capture without retaking the video capture?

I am using a combination of screenshots and video captures to create my video, but the cursor path is causing a lot of problems. I understand that it is adjusted based on the following slide's initial cursor location, but if I have a video on two slides immediately following each other and the cursor on the second slide starts in a different location than where the cursor on the previous slide ends, the cursor moves sporadically.

I don't seem to be able to edit the cursor path on the videos at all. Is this possible? I would love to not have to retake the video.

Thank you!

User

Re: Editing Cursor Path in Video Capture

Postby Qathy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:16 am

If your two videos show very different actions/backgrounds, etc. when you go from one slide to the next, it will be very hard to sync the movement of the cursor going from one video slide to the next. You might try to 'Fade' the first slide into the second slide and see if that might help the transition. Or, if possible, put in a transition slide of some type (you will have to work up a logical design for this) and on that transition slide, make sure you do not have any cursor. Have the first video slide have a slide transition like a Fade (or not) into the transitional slide. From the transitional slide, have a slide transition like a Fade (or not) into the second video slide. This extra bit might resolve the awkwardness of the visual playback of the cursor movement.

Return to ViewletBuilder8