Register

Fire URL to another site on completion of Viewlet Training.

For version specific questions
User

Fire URL to another site on completion of Viewlet Training.

Postby corporalcuddles » Tue May 23, 2017 4:09 am

Hi, I'm new to ViewletBuilder 7 and looking for some advice.

I have just created my first Viewlet. On completion of the Viewlet training module I would like to record the user id of the person completing the training and the date the training was completed. One possibility is to fire a URL to post the user's login id to Oracle Apex application once the training is completed (on very last slide). I will have multiple training modules per user id. The idea is that I would then create a page on the Apex application that can process the incoming information and store into an Oracle table.

So my first question is how do I fire a URL to an external application from within Viewlet training module?

Are there any alternatives to the above approach? For example, can I directly write to an Oracle table from the Viewlet?

I would prefer to not to use the ViewletCentral to store information outside our network.

Any advice or help someone can give me will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Site Admin

Re: Fire URL to another site on completion of Viewlet Traini

Postby James » Wed May 24, 2017 11:47 am

Hello,

If you have knowledge of HTML and Javascript then I don't think it will be a problem.

For a simple call via URL you can use the Display URL action from the Slide Events on the last slide (maybe OnUnload)

Display.png

Probably the better option would be to write some Javascript and use the Variable button to access internal variables.

Javascript.png

Return to ViewletBuilder7