Register

Engage Viewers with Fade Animation Effects

Blog posts from our famous "ViewletMarm"

Moderators: Qathy, vmarm

User

Engage Viewers with Fade Animation Effects

Postby vmarm » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:59 am

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Viewletin
An Inside ‘Take’ on All Things Viewlet
~by ViewletMarm

Hey Viewlet Authors! I want to pose a question to you. What do you consider one of the most important design elements of your eLearning videos? Is it the color scheme, non-linear progression, meeting company branding requirements, or something else entirely? Each author has their own take on this for various reasons, but I say to you, what good is all that if your viewer is not engaged? And, what better way to get AND KEEP their attention with subtle but simply designed visual effects?

Qarbon's current authoring applications (ViewletBuilder8 and ViewletQuiz5) offer many ways to create visual effects. The one I want to talk about in this post is the recently added Fade Animation.

The Fade Animation effect allows you to design content so that:

-A slide element fades in, stays displayed for a specific duration, then fades out.
-The author controls the time it takes for the fade in and fade out to occur.
-Multiple slide elements (shapes, images, text, etc.) can have the fade animation applied on the SAME slide.

fade_animation.jpg

To learn more about how this special effect works, check out one of the following videos in the format of your choice.

View on Laptop/PC

View on Mobile Device

The Fade Animation is one of those design elements that is easy to implement with the benefits (i.e., retaining viewer interest, etc.) far exceeding expectations.

That's it for this blog.

Until next time...
Happy Viewleting!

~ViewletMarm~

Return to The Viewletin