Register

When Should I Preview Project Elements in a Browser?

Blog posts from our famous "ViewletMarm"

Moderators: Qathy, vmarm

User

When Should I Preview Project Elements in a Browser?

Postby vmarm » Thu May 15, 2014 10:36 am

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Viewletin
An Inside ‘Take’ on All Things Viewlet
~by ViewletMarm

Have you ever tried to preview your ViewletBuilder or ViewletQuiz project back INSIDE your authoring application to see how it would play back? When you did this, were there certain features that did not work as expected? Did you stress out? If so, it's time to take a deep breath because what I'm about to tell you should help calm you a bit.

Your 'play back' issues are really rather simple and probably not issues at all. You see, there are some slide elements/features in ViewletBuilder and ViewletQuiz that require you to compile/publish your project source file in order to work properly. Some of these elements may include question slides, pause zones, interactive zones, slide transitions, etc. (just to name a few)--these just won't work if you preview your project within your authoring application.

So, your next question might be, "When will I know whether or not to preview my project in a browser?" The answer...if you preview your project inside your authoring application and certain elements don't work like you thought they should, take the next step and either publish your project to watch it in a browser OR use the 'Preview in Browser' (Ctrl + L) option (if you don't want to publish it).

menu.png
menu.png (30.84 KiB) Viewed 4968 times

Still confused? Click a link below to watch a video (in the format of your choice) to learn more!

PC (Demo)

Mobile Device/Smartphone (Demo)

The next time something doesn't work as expected when you are playing back your Viewlet, take a look at it in a browser and all the issues will most likely magically disappear!

That's it for this blog.

Until next time (and all patches in between)...
Happy Viewleting!

~ViewletMarm~

Return to The Viewletin