Register

Updating Project Style Attributes

Blog posts from our famous "ViewletMarm"

Moderators: Qathy, vmarm

User

Updating Project Style Attributes

Postby vmarm » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:47 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Viewletin
An Inside ‘Take’ on All Things Viewlet
~by ViewletMarm

Stylesheets are a best practice 'must-do' while authoring Viewlet projects in ViewletBuilder and ViewletQuiz. In fact, there are many advantages to using stylesheets for quick updating of project slides and slide elements with just a few intelligent choices and strategic mouse clicks. Let me explain.

Let's say, for example, you created some sample Viewlets and provided them for review to your corporate marketing group. Once they signed off on all of your design standards, you then proceeded to create your library of video assets. Now, it's a few months down the line and you're ready to go live. Unfortunately, you get an email from corporate (the day before the release) stating that one of the branding colors has been revised, so you are required to update all of the fill colors for the call-outs throughout ALL your Viewlet videos. You just want to scream!

Actually, though, it really isn't that big of a problem. Okay, you will need to go through each project, but you will only need to spend just a few seconds actually updating the call-out (balloon) fill color prior to republishing each. And, you can do this effectively without messing up any other slides or slide elements. How? You do this through a strategic implementation of stylesheet styles and attributes selections.

attributes3.jpg

I could tell you how to do it here, but you and I both know a Viewlet is worth a billion words. Click HERE to see an video on how to update project stylesheet style attributes without affecting global project styles.

Using the tricks learned in this blog, you can honestly stay one step ahead of corporate and pay attention to what matters most--YOUR VIEWLETS going live!

That's it for this blog.

Until next time...
Happy Viewleting!

~ViewletMarm~

Return to The Viewletin