Register

Social Authoring & Licensed Viewlet Authors' Bonus

Blog posts from our famous "ViewletMarm"

Moderators: Qathy, vmarm

User

Social Authoring & Licensed Viewlet Authors' Bonus

Postby vmarm » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:52 am

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Viewletin
An Inside ‘Take’ on All Things Viewlet
~by ViewletMarm

Let me ask you this. Are you an experienced Viewlet Author thirsting for some new design ideas? Or, are you perhaps an educator who uses ViewletBuilder7 or ViewletQuiz4 to provide eLearning training videos to your students interlaced with Knowledge Checks and assessments? Why do I ask this? Well...

Today, social authoring is in vogue in eLearning. Content authors exploit this trend sharing design ideas, dilemmas and solutions via work teams, user boards, online development networks and more. What better way to improve the effectiveness and quality of your own video assets than through the collaborative efforts social authoring provides?

Keeping this in mind, I have a few ideas along this line to help you spice up your content too--in ways even YOU may not have imagined.

User Forum
First, I highly recommend you become an active member of the Qarbon User Forum. If you are reading this post, I can only guess that you are one already, but are you really taking full advantage of this resource? Check out the different threads to read what other authors are posting. In fact, if you run into a design dilemma, have an idea you quite can't figure out how to incorporate in your Viewlet or just want to bounce some ideas around with like Viewlet Authors, the Qarbon User Forum is the place to do this. In fact, a hidden benefit is that a lot of our staff (developers, designers...even executives) often actively 'chime in' throughout the board, providing valuable insights to forum members because we appreciate YOU and share in your love of Viewlets!

Sharing Files
A great way to improve your authoring skills is by seeing how other authors achieve those engaging visuals and interactive elements you've only dreamed of being able to build on your own. The best way to do this is by sharing projects with other authors when you can. As a ViewletBuilder7 or ViewletQuiz4 author, you can create an archive of your project to share with other authors. Click here to learn how!

archive.png

You can then provide this archive file to others to open/save in their own Qarbon authoring app. And, you can encourage other authors to share their own files with you this same way.

Now that you have read this far, I did promise a special bonus to licensed users. Here it is. If you are a licensed user of ViewletBuilder7 Enterprise, attached are two special 'practice files' contained in the ZIP file (below). These are just a few of the files I give to my workshop students.

practice_files.zip
(314.03 KiB) Downloaded 210 times

In combination, these two files contain ALL of the 11+ question types available from ViewletQuiz4 (also offered in ViewletBuilder7 Enterprise edition). One contains all the quiz (scored) question types (those normally used for quiz purposes) and one contains all the survey (unscored) question types (those normally used for survey purposes). Also, I've added some other dynamic/interactive elements to many slides known as rollover events.

Just download the ZIP file, extract the ViewletBuilder7 Enterprise source QVP file archives to your computer, open them up in your ViewletBuilder7 Enterprise software and save them. You can then take a look (from an authoring aspect) as to how the projects elements were designed. These files are yours to keep as a special thanks from all of us here at Qarbon!

Okay, I think that covers everything, so...that's it for this blog.

Until next time...
Happy Viewleting!

~ViewletMarm~

Return to The Viewletin