Register

Understanding Timeline Editing

Blog posts from our famous "ViewletMarm"

Moderators: Qathy, vmarm

User

Understanding Timeline Editing

Postby vmarm » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:45 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Viewletin
An Inside ‘Take’ on All Things Viewlet
~by ViewletMarm

Throughout the numerous ViewletBuilder7 and ViewletQuiz4 Viewlet Authoring workshops and training webinars I conduct each month, the same question keeps popping up. Authors ask, “Can you help me understand how to READ the Timeline better while I’m working on my Viewlet project?” Okay, those may not be the exact words, but you get the idea.

timeline_intro_back.jpg

Many Viewlet Authors, both new and seasoned pros, don’t fully know what they are looking at when working with the Timeline, causing them undue authoring stress. Daunting though it may be, Timeline editing is fairly straightforward once you get used to it. And, it is an important, fundamental authoring skill each Viewlet Author needs to have a basic understanding of in order to increase productivity while cutting down on development time during project editing.

Click here to watch a video to help you better understand Timeline editing while working in your own Viewlet project.

Once you understand Timeline editing-- even if it’s only the basics--your job as a Viewlet Author will just get easier. And, these skills can be put to use on all sorts of Viewlet project slides (manual capture, smart capture, video capture and question slides).

I recommend you take the time to revisit some Viewlet Authoring basic skills like Timeline editing. As I said before, daunting though it may seem at first, you will be amazed how easy Timeline editing really is—and your final Flash Viewlet video results will be nothing short of awesome!

Until next time...
Happy Viewleting!

~ViewletMarm~

Return to The Viewletin