Blog posts from our famous "ViewletMarm"

Moderators: Qathy, vmarm

User

Assessing Viewlet Assessments

Postby vmarm » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:13 pm

The Viewletin
An Inside ‘Take’ on All Things Viewlet
~by ViewletMarm

Assessments play a vital role in our lives, and we need the right tools to effectively gather the assessment data required to make informed decisions. Qarbon’s ViewletBuilder and ViewletQuiz are just such tools—giving Viewlet Authors the ability to easily (and quickly) design engaging and interactive Flash Viewlet quizzes and surveys.

Do you remember the Viewlet puzzler from my last blog?

map.png

If not, click this link to check it out!

In the world of assessments, what is the difference between a quiz and a survey? Simply put—a quiz normally requires a correct response and is scored, whereas a survey doesn’t require a correct response and is not scored. Okay, fine, but…

…did I forget to mention that assessments can be fun too? In fact, the more entertaining your Viewlet quizzes and surveys, the better odds you have of keeping viewers engaged—ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO THE END OF THE VIEWLET. And, ultimately, that’s the goal, isn’t it?

As a Viewlet Authoring trainer and coach, overtime I realized many of my students, though aware of ViewletBuilder’s and ViewletQuiz’ interactive and assessment features, were just scratching the surface. This inspired me to create two Viewlets:

Quiz Viewlet: This one contains all of the traditional Quiz question types available in ViewletBuilder Enterprise and ViewletQuiz Professional.

quiz.png

Click here for the Quiz Viewlet.

Survey Viewlet: This one contains all of the traditional Survey question types available in ViewletBuilder Enterprise and ViewletQuiz Professional.

survey.png

Click here for the Survey Viewlet.

*Note: Additional interactive 'zones' are available in Qarbon's authoring software products and may not be included in the Viewlet samples above.

You can make your Viewlet assessment videos as simple (like the map puzzler) or as elaborate as you need. Qarbon’s authoring software provides you the tools to make the perfect Viewlet—the rest is up to you!

If you are interested in learning how I put together either the Quiz or the Survey Viewlet, you can request a copy of the source file(s) by emailing training@qarbon.com.

Until next time...
Happy Viewleting!

~ViewletMarm~

Return to The Viewletin