Register

I get an error when trying to save (or compile) my project

General Tips & Tricks
Tim

I get an error when trying to save (or compile) my project

Postby Tim » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:54 am

Why do I get an error when trying to save (or compile) my project?

If you get an error when trying to save new or newly edited projects, this may be due to a program installation issue when installing an updated version of the program over an existing installation. Uninstall the ViewletBuilder4 program (this step is essential) and then download the current release and do a fresh installation. This should resolve the issue. Other issues that might prevent a project from saving (compiling) include:

-Incompatibility with network (or shared) drives. Save to the local hard drive when possible.

-Long file name. Shorten the file name of a project, when possible.

-Computer attempting to save (or compile) over a file (or in a folder) tagged as “read only”. Check the attributes of your source file (or your compiled files) and folder and make sure that the computer didn’t tag them as “read only”.

-Corrupted slides (or elements on slides). Check your slides to make sure that what you see in Thumbnail View is also contained in Slide View. If not, then this slide is corrupted and will not compile. Also, if you suspect a corrupted slide, but don’t know which one it might be, you can try importing several slides at once into a new project (usually corrupted slides will not be imported). Or, compile and note along the compilation progress bar which slide the compilation is stopping at and remove that slide and the ones in front and after it from the project and see if this resolves the issue.

Return to FAQs - ViewletBuilder 4.x