Register

How to add a YouTube video to ViewletBuilder/ViewletQuiz

General Tips & Tricks
Site Admin

How to add a YouTube video to ViewletBuilder/ViewletQuiz

Postby James » Fri May 15, 2009 1:12 pm

I had a customer ask me this question today so I thought the answer would make a good post for everyone.

Step 1 > Open the Video you want to use & locate the Embed area so you can access the code. You will need to select the Use Old Embed Code now that they changed the interface.

youtube.png

Step 2 > Copy & Paste this code into Wordpad so its easier to locate the actual link to the Movie

youtube2.png

This is the code you want:
Code: Select all
http://www.youtube.com/v/4drucg1A6Xk?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

It's located after Value=. We recommend changing the version=3 to version=2 for compatibility.

Step 3 > Locate and copy the code to the movie and paste that into the Add Movie/URL option inside ViewletBuilder/ViewletQuiz

youtube3.png

Step 4 > Adjust the timing you want. We give you our best guess based on how the movie reads, but you may find that Manual/Fixed or Pausing works better

Step 5 > Your movie is ready

James

User

Re: How to add a YouTube video to ViewletBuilder/ViewletQuiz

Postby ralessand » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:41 am

I test your suggestion but dont run. I have th e italian version, 6.1.4 compil 1423.
I have a lot of problem to inport swf file. Have you some suggestion?
Thanks, roberto

Site Admin

Postby James » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:24 am

Roberto,

I don't think the Italian language selection would make a difference. Keep in mind that we can support up to Flash 8 and
AS2 and some AS3 code.

You are welcome to provide the SWFs you are having trouble with or the YouTube URL we can test it for you.

James

User

Postby ralessand » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:00 am

Thanks! the problem is linked probably to the AS2 / As3 code. My problem is that I have some video in AVI or other windows video format. Is not possible to insert this video as is in VB. I test some converter from AVI to SWF. After conversion I import the swf file in VB ; the audio is ok but I dont see any video. Have you a suggestion to manage the AVI file or others file from a camera? In the training session we record some part of the session with a camera and we want to import this asset in VB....but today only the swf is supported. Can you help me? Thanks! Roberto

Site Admin

Postby James » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:44 am

Roberto,

I've successfully used AVI/MOV/MWV to SWF converters before. What happens in the video gets converted to FLV inside the SWF. We support
this and have several customers doing it. If you have options on the type of SWF format you can choose, start with the oldest one first.

If you can provide a sample SWF we can look at it. Its possible that your converter exports to Flash 9 or 10 which wont play in a Flash 8 movie.

James

User

Postby Michal » Tue May 29, 2012 12:42 am

Roberto,

try to replace the version number to 2. For example,this link: "http://www.youtube.com/v/FdhSnffCu1I?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" to "http://www.youtube.com/v/FdhSnffCu1I?version=2&hl=en_US&rel=0".

Best regards,
Michal
Michal

Site Admin

Postby James » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:02 am

Return to FAQs - ViewletBuilder 6.x