Register

Text reading speed option cannot be set

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Text reading speed option cannot be set

Postby ianlarner » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:53 am

Since I just upgraded to ViewletBuilder8 Professional Version 8.1.9 Build 1842, the text option for reading speed is not preserved in a new project.

I add text to a slide, and then select and apply the Reading speed timing rule option. The time for the text does not change, and when I click OK, the text message properties still have the default timing rule option: Until end of slide

Please help me recover the ability to use the Reading speed timing rule for text.

Site Admin

Re: Text reading speed option cannot be set

Postby James » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Hello,

I opened VB8 and created a new project and added a text box. I then added some text, changed it to reading speed and hit ok.
I closed the project and reopened and its still there.

Please help me reproduce this.

reading.png

User

Postby ianlarner » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:45 am

James,
Thanks for the reply.
Here's what fails for me in the new projects (seems to still work for old projects!):

1. Create an image slide
2. Add text
3. Use the message properties to change the text timing option to Reading speed
4. Click OK

The text properties do not change, and if you hover the cursor over the text is shows "End of slide" timing option.

See https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByR1Ic3O9Yh6dGJDN09HMno3Yk0

Regards,
Ian

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:47 am

Ian,

Something that may not have been in the older version (I haven't confirmed) is the ability to add navigation with your image import. You can set the duration of the slide and whether to add a Pause Zone. It seems that when a Pause Zone is added during setup it affects the Text from being able to force reading speed. I think the timing rule logic here is that you really don't need reading speed when you have a Pause at the end anyway. If you uncheck the Add Pause option then reading speed seems to work fine and if you manually add a Pause as needed Reading Speed seems to stick fine.

Test this out and let me know.

reading2.png

User

Postby ianlarner » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:25 am

James,
Brilliant! That worked for me. I was able to delete the pause on each slide and then could set the reading speed option.

That made my presentation shorter :-)

Regards,
Ian

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:30 am

Ian,

In the future uncheck the auto-pause on import and only add when needed.

Return to General Discussions