Register

Missing a cursor path

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Missing a cursor path

Postby bassemir » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:58 am

I am a long time user of viewlet builder and created many demos. Today I experienced something new and have not been able to figure out what is going on.
I am not seeing the cursor path in my preview window. I only see the cursor starting point. The pull down menu that says "view cursor path" is checked. I tried unchecking and rechecking. I still don't see the path.

I go to a new screen and try to add a cursor. I the past I would get the red and green circles showing the start and end. Now I don't.

I try another screen that I know has cursor movement and I see no dotted path. I preview the screen and the cursor moves but I don't see a path.

After jumping around to different slides for no obvious reason when I add the cursor I once again see the dotted cursor path. Then moments later when I go back to my original slide where I was trying to modify the cursor path it is gone? Very unusual and I can not figure out what is happening.

Any suggestions?
Rich

User

Re: Missing a cursor path

Postby bassemir » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:15 pm

ahh some updated symptoms. It seems the slides that are giving me a problem are slides that I have imported from another project. The original slides show the cursor path in the form of a dotted line with the red and green stop and start circles.

I move to one of the imported slides and I see not cursor path. I then go immediately back to one of the original slides and the cursor path is gone!

It appears that just by viewing an imported slide (which was stretched when I imported it) caused me to lose the cursor path on all the other slides. I have to exit and open the project again to see the cursor path.

I am using the ver 7.3.27 build 1718

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong when I import a slide?

Any suggestions?
Rich

Site Admin

Postby James » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:23 pm

Rich,

This is going to involve getting the products from you and reproducing so I am going to open a case for you so we can see what's going on. Case 57962 has been created for you.

User

Postby Steve Asmussen » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:53 am

James, I appear to be having the same or similar problem as Rich.

My captures all have cursor paths as normal. I have imported graphic slides and images but I cannot verify this is a factor. My cursor path now disappears the moment I click and drag the time line of any slide. Closing and reopening the project will restore the path until I click the timeline again.

Is there a solution to this?

Steve

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:44 pm

Steve,

Case 59504 has been created to discuss this. You should have an email from us.

Return to General Discussions