Register

Click Zone - how to change hand icon to cursor

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Click Zone - how to change hand icon to cursor

Postby mtariq » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:58 am

I need to make a viewlet that looks like a live demo. The clickzone uses a hand icon but sometimes I just need an arrow. Can I change the hand to an arrow for some slides? I see the cursor option but I don't understand the green and red circles and when I use it and try to publish the viewlet, the application just seems to hang. I am on version 6.x.

MT

Site Admin

Re: Click Zone - how to change hand icon to cursor

Postby James » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:40 am

MT,

The ClickZone is a scored event so you can have it either hidden or visible by selecting to enabled the HAND cursor if someone rolls over it. This is done in the Project Properties>Viewlet Options. You can select it per slide, its per Viewlet.

If you don't need the ClickZone scored and you just want a clickable area you can create Transparent Shapes for this. Let me know if this is something of interest.

For now, here is the ClickZone setting.

cz.png

Also, make sure you aren't running version 6.0.5. You can check this in Help>About. If you are, you need to upgrade to 6.2.x. You can locate that version from our website. http://www.qarbon.com/download/past_rel ... 20Releases

User

Postby mtariq » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Thanks James. I don't need scoring. I need to advance the slide on a click.

Also is there a way to add a sweeping cursor movement to simulate drag and drop?

Site Admin

Postby James » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:59 pm

MT,

Just draw a shape of any size and put it over the area you want clicked. Set the transparency to 0 and the border to 0.

transshape.png

Click the lightening bolt to create an event/action associated with that shape.

transshapeevent.png

You can add a cursor and create movement on a slide easily, I'm not 100% if this is what you were asking.

Return to General Discussions