Register

Slide Events on Load

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Slide Events on Load

Postby ksprouse » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:11 am

I'm trying to get an object to appear at the start of a slide by using the "display object on load" slide event. However, when I do this the object is entirely missing from the slide. Is there a way to fix this?

Site Admin

Re: Slide Events on Load

Postby James » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:47 am

So I can duplicate this locally, can you describe your setup and steps to reproduce?

It will be helpful to understand why you need something to display before the slide appears vs on the timeline. When you do create Slide Events the objects are removed from the timeline since their timing is controlled via the event.

User

Postby ksprouse » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:09 am

I was trying to make it so an object would disappear when you hover the mouse over it. To do this I created a hide object on rollover event on the object itself, however this made the object missing from the slide entirely. I tried to combat this by creating a display object on load event but it didn't change anything.

User

Postby ksprouse » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:16 am

On an unrelated note, I'm also getting a sound recording error whenever I try to record sound over one of my live capture viewlets. The error says "mixer not supported" and does not allow me to record any sound. I tried switching to mp3 format and also tried to record with three different mics to no avail. This is especially strange because I have used these mics to record before without a problem.

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:19 am

I will address your issues in 2 different replies.

When recording, you want to make sure you use the Gear icon to select the correct recording device.
You may also want to restart VB to make sure it has a fresh list of available devices.

sound.png

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:29 am

For the Rollover/Rollout, logically it should work being able to add an OnRollover Hide / OnRollout Display but it's not working so I'm either not doing something right or there is an issue. I will check with a developer.

onRollover.png

onRollout.png

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:51 am

Ok Ok - My brain is finally warmed up on this topic so I've figured it out.

We have a tool that creates Rollover areas for this purpose

rollarea1.png

This creates a transparent area that you assign your Hide/Display parameters too. The problem with doing it on the object itself is its not technically there once its removed so there is no way to determine its state. This is only an issue with it being hidden. If you want to create Rollover/Rolloff actions that do other things, it will be fine since the object is always available.

Once you click that tool, draw the area you want to be your zone - you can trace the image if you want.

Then assign your actions.

rollarea2.png

rollarea3.png

http://www.viewletcentral.com/vc/viewlet/530622436/

User

Postby ksprouse » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:18 pm

I restarted viewletbuilder and I can now use by default computer mic to record sound, but I still get the same error when trying to use my bluetooth headset. I tried using the rollover area to solve my other problem, but the image is still missing the start of the slide and will not appear until I roll over its location.

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:33 pm

ksprouse wrote:I restarted viewletbuilder and I can now use by default computer mic to record sound, but I still get the same error when trying to use my bluetooth headset.

Did you select your bluetooth headset from the dropdown selector?

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:35 pm

ksprouse wrote:I tried using the rollover area to solve my other problem, but the image is still missing the start of the slide and will not appear until I roll over its location.

Yes - I'm reviewing that and will let you know.

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:21 pm

It seems the default feature when you have a Display and a Hide for the same element, its hidden by default. Most people use this feature to create hidden popups of information that are only shown if you rollover and then hidden when you rollout. What you want is something that is visible on start and hides when you rollover and is gone or reappears when you rollout?

User

Postby ksprouse » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:39 pm

Yes I want it visible to start and hidden when you roll over it and yes I selected the bluetooth device from the drop down menu

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:41 pm

Kurt,

When you rollover the image and it disappears do you want it to reappear or just be gone.

User

Postby ksprouse » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:25 am

Reappear

Site Admin

Postby James » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:37 am

Perfect - the current rule in place that we decided on over 5 years ago was if you have a Hide action only, display it by default...if you have a Display action only, hide it by default...if you have both, hide it by default. What I suggested was to have a new rule that states if you have BOTH and the rollover is Hide, then display on start. This should resolve. I'm hoping that tweak can be added for a release you can use in the next few days.

User

Postby ksprouse » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:07 am

That's great James, Thanks for the help

Site Admin

Postby James » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:34 am

Return to General Discussions