Register

Blur background

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Blur background

Postby borkpia » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:22 am

Can I blur some parts of the screen? Sometimes I have to use my own settings for a viewlet - e.g. I make a manual for Outlook and have to use my own account. In this case my mails, contacts or apppointments are visible and can be read clearly. It would be fine to have an option to make some parts of the screen unreadable. I would like to have something to blur parts of the screen or to erase some parts.

Regards, Pia

User

Re: Blur background

Postby vmarm » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:50 pm

There are different ways to do this, but the easiest would be to use a shape tool. You can draw a 'shape' over the area of the slide that you want to 'blur' out. Then, use the eye dropper to sample the color you want to use for the fill (this would most likely be the color of that area of the slide or some gray color maybe). Then, set the opacity of the fill color to a setting where it blurs our what is sitting under it on the slide. And, you can remove the border of the shape over too by setting it to zero. Or, you can hide/mask an area of the slide by using the same steps above, but choosing a color to use as a blend into the background and set the fill color to full.

I hope this makes sense. In my own design work I've use this approach very successfully in many, many Viewlet projects.

User

Re: Blur background

Postby borkpia » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:46 pm

Thanks! Yes, that's fine and works as I want it to work.

Return to General Discussions