Register

Question about multiple events on objects

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Question about multiple events on objects

Postby jordanT » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:49 am

Hello,

We are creating a training presentation with audio, video, and various images and text. This is being converted from a Flash presentation for bandwidth reasons.

In the original presentation, there are many quiz questions with audio linked to both correct and incorrect responses. I've been able to largely duplicate this, but in particular I've had one issue regarding multiple events on an object.

Basically, we are running through a series of either "Yes" and "No" or "True" and "False" questions. Because I can't link the audio properly to the questions, I've been using a series of identical slides where the objects link to other slides that play the audio. The reason for this workaround is that I can't get a viewlet to work properly when I add two events (of any kind) to an object. For example, I want one object to play an audio clip and thereafter display two other objects (the Yes and No buttons), but I can't get it to do this.

Ideally, my slide (to use the above example) would have three objects: one is a link to play the audio clip of the question, then the Yes and No buttons pop up, and they each have an event to play audio on click and thereafter move to the next slide. This does not function. Currently I've worked it around so that the first object links to the next slide, where the audio clip plays and the two buttons pop up after the clip. Each button then links to a different slide that plays the respective "correct" and "incorrect" audio clips. These slides then each have an event on Unload to take them to the next question slide. Obviously this is very cumbersome and time-consuming to put together.

So, my question is whether or not I'm missing something about linking two or more events to "on click" for a given object, or if this is a bug, or what.

Thanks!

Edited to add: We are using VB7 Enterprise. Also, the above example isn't a big problem now (it's already finished), but being able to have an object first play an audio clip and then move on the next slide would be a HUGE help.

Site Admin

Re: Question about multiple events on objects

Postby James » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:14 am

Jordan,

Can you share this project with me? It would be alot easier to see what you are doing visually plus it helps to having something to test. There are some tips and tricks for adding audio to questions so it will be helpful to see things. I will send you a message how to upload.

To create the .QVP file in ViewletBuilder7, go to File>Create Archive and save.

Site Admin

Re: Question about multiple events on objects

Postby James » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:18 pm

Jordan,

This turned out to be a regression bug that was introduced in 7.1.11. We tested in 7.1.10 and the project you provided worked fine. We've added the fix and built a new version 7.1.12 which I will provide a direct link to in a Private Message.

Return to General Discussions