Register

Background Frame Image - File Name

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Background Frame Image - File Name

Postby Steve Asmussen » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:31 am

I have slide shows made with smart capture which result in some slides with a single background image and sometimes there are several images that comprise the background. I need to edit the images outside of VB and I know they reside in the resources folder in my project folder. If there are several background images in a slide, it is easy to determine within VB what the "file name" of each image is that comprises the background frame by simply double clicking the timeline then select the image and then click "Modify". The actual file name is shown there. You have made this very easy and intuitive.

If there is only a single image file for a slide's background frame, double clicking it gives me the generic name, "Background Frame" which is not useful. I could search through the "resources" folder to find it but there are hundreds and some are so similar to each other.

My question:
How can i discover the file name in the resources folder for a specific single background frame image? I have not been able to find this answer anywhere.

Site Admin

Re: Background Frame Image - File Name

Postby James » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:59 am

Steve,

It's pretty rare that someone edits the captured files but I do agree that the single framed backgrounds should expose the filename. I have put in a request to see if we can make that change for the next build.

When looking in your resource folder, the files labeled "screenshot....png" are Key frames and the "frame.....png" are the delta frames. It is possible for the same keyframe to stay the same across multiple slides if there are no changes to it.

User

Postby Steve Asmussen » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am

Thanks James for the fast response. Adding that feature would be very helpful :D

Site Admin

Postby James » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Steve,

I confirmed the feature was added to the 7.3 release. It was easy so its done and ready.

Return to General Discussions