Register

Publication of Survey Difficulties

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Publication of Survey Difficulties

Postby toni.tehuki » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi all

I have recently created a survey in ViewletBuilder 7 Enterprise and have published the file. I have two main issues at the moment.

1. When published as a SWF file, this fits the survey to the IE window and the survey looks a bit jaded and the close viewlet button does not work.
2. When published as a flash file, the screen is perfect and the close viewlet button works, but the responses to the survey go nowhere.

Can I please have some advice as to the best method of publishing a survey online, so responses can be collected, and the viewlet resized to a size of my liking.

A side issue, I am not able to login to Viewlet Central. I go to publish but it says it has timed out after a period.

Thank you so much and I appreciate any help which can be provided.

Site Admin

Re: Publication of Survey Difficulties

Postby James » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:50 am

Toni,

1. When published as a SWF file, this fits the survey to the IE window and the survey looks a bit jaded and the close viewlet button does not work.

You should only be clicking on the HTML file to run the survey. You should never run the SWF directly in case you were doing that. This could be the cause of any display issues as running the SWF directly in the browser will force it to stretch full screen. The close button will only work when the HTML launcher file is run first. We recommend that you upload all the output files to a webserver and link to the HTML file. See this example for the correct file to run (which will call all the others).

html.png

2. When published as a flash file, the screen is perfect and the close viewlet button works, but the responses to the survey go nowhere.

You have a few options. Enable email reporting (see image) or publish and use ViewletCentral.

reporting.png

Return to General Discussions