Register

How to identify resource costs in a viewlet ?

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:16 am

How to identify resource costs in a viewlet ?

Postby trigeek » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:45 am

Currently I am working on a project which is comprised of screenshots of ppt with some Qarbon treatments (mainly shape inserts) and Audio (about 5% background music and rest is narration). One slide has some arrows and some have some pictures, images. No movies/flash inserts. I do use Timelines extensively for objects.
I made several changes to my first version which had published as a 10m swf file.. and sure enought the new published swf jumped to 21 m. I certainly did not double the data maybe there was a 20% increase in it.

Questions:
How do I figure out what is eating so much space.
I will be hosting this on a server and the download speed since it bumped up to 22 m is pretty slow (about 4 minutes) compared to 15 seconds when it was 10m - both files are uploaded to the same server/directory. I am uploading the Flash, xx.swf xx.html and xx.html files.

Qarbon version is:

Viewletbuilder Professional v 6.2.22 Build 1569

Thanks in advance !

Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: How to identify resource costs in a viewlet ?

Postby James » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:18 am

Hello,

You have opened the same question in our support tracking system under Case 50973. We will address this there and publish any results to this post for others to see.

User
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:16 am

Re: How to identify resource costs in a viewlet ?

Postby trigeek » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:45 am

Thanks James !

Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: How to identify resource costs in a viewlet ?

Postby James » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:31 am

Trigeek,

Thanks for your further offline information about your project. Qarbon has always recompressed all sounds files including MP3 files during compile to Flash. We decided to add a setting in newer versions of ViewletBuilder6 to NOT have already converted MP3 recompressed (which increases compile time). In your specific case, 6.0.5 already compressed WAV/MP3 files but in 6.2.22 MP3's were optional since it wasn't required. Where you run into problems is when you insert MP3 files created OUTSIDE ViewletBuilder that have a really high (unnecessary) bitrate compared to recording within ViewletBuilder. What happened for you after upgrading was the MP3's were no longer being recompressed down so your SWF jumped up in size. Checking this box will make sure you can resolve the issue with the size of your output.

screenshot9222.png

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest