Register

Urgent help is needed: '$VIEWLET_IS_SCALED$' is undefined

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Urgent help is needed: '$VIEWLET_IS_SCALED$' is undefined

Postby trigeek » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:23 am

When I am publishing my viewlet get the following error while viewing the .html, the .swf file does not have a problem.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; InfoPath.2)
Timestamp: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:14:26 UTC

Line: 86
Char: 7
Code: 0
URI: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/earditi/My%20Documents/My%20Viewlets/Severity1/Severity1_training_ver2ppt27/severity1_training_ver2ppt27_viewlet_swf.html

Version 6.0.5 Build 1322

Urgent help is appreciated have a project I need to turn on this just surfaced !

Site Admin

Re: Urgent help is needed: '$VIEWLET_IS_SCALED$' is undefined

Postby James » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Hello,

Please do the following:

1) Download the latest version of ViewletBuilder6 Pro

http://www.qarbon.com/download/registra ... 0Pro%20Win

2) Install and see if the problem persists.

If it does, locate the My Viewlet Assets Library in your My Documents folder and rename it to something different (add a 2 at the end). Then restart ViewletBuilder and try again.

User

Postby trigeek » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:31 am

Upgrading to stated version resolved the issue for 90% of the time and has enabled me to resume with my project. However it is kinda puzzling that this error appears sporadically .. but for now I am good.

Thanks for the response !

Site Admin

Postby James » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:03 am

The problem appears during the playback not during editing correct? We would need review the HTML code of the output to determine the root cause. If you can provide a URL to this published course it would help.

Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:53 pm

The $VIEWLET_IS_SCALED$ HTML Variable was added to the HTML Frame in ViewletBuilder 6.2.4
When you compile a Viewlet this variable should be filled in with either "true" or "false"
Here is where it gets added to the HTML frame.

if(!$VIEWLET_IS_SCALED$)
flashTag.addParameter("scale", "noscale");

If Project Properties - Flash - Scale to Fit Web Page is checked then "$VIEWLET_IS_SCALED$" is set to "true" else its set to "false" so for example it would look like this.

if(!true)
flashTag.addParameter("scale", "noscale");

The purpose of this is to make sure the flashTag.addParameter("scale", "noscale"); method in JavaScript is called if the Viewlet is not scaled. The reason for this is because Internet Explorer would sometime slightly scale a Viewlet by 1 pixel when it was in fact not to be scaled, unless this parameter was specifically called.

The only way that the $VIEWLET_IS_SCALED$ parameter wouldn't be filled in, was if you were using a 6.2.4 HTML frame in a version of ViewletBuilder prior to 6.2.4. If you see the problem again the quickest solution is to recompile the project with 6.2.4 or higher. If that's not possible you can manually edit the HTML and replace the $VIEWLET_IS_SCALED$ variable yourself as specified above.
Andrew Branch

Return to General Discussions