Register

How to override Ctrl-arrows

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

How to override Ctrl-arrows

Postby mrdale » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:23 pm

Hello.

In my viewlets, the navigation is set up on a per slide basis by using Back/Next buttons with a Pause Zone on slides with info only, and no nav buttons on question slides (the viewlet advances by answering correctly, and OnCorrect includes a Move Forward 1 slide instruction).

I have viewlet users that are skipping question slides by pressing Ctrl+right-arrow to navigate past them to the next slide. Is there any way to prevent viewlet navigation from being controlled by Ctrl+left-arrow and Ctrl+right-arrow?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Site Admin

Re: How to override Ctrl-arrows

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:15 am

Not right now, but we will add to 6.2.14.

Currently we have a check box option named "Space Bar Pauses Viewlet" in the Project Properties - Viewlet Options panel.

This checkbox will be renamed "Enable Keyboard Navigation" and it will be checked by default.

This option will not only enable / disable the space bar, but also the following keyboard shortcuts:

- CTRL + LEFT - back
- CTRL + RIGHT - forward
- CTRL + HOME - reset
- CTRL + DOWN - pause/play
Andrew Branch

User

Postby mrdale » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:06 am

As always, your prompt attention and resolution of the issue is greatly appreciated!

Site Admin

Postby James » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:33 pm

Dale,

I found that the navigation didn't work in IE to control the Viewlet. I also tested on an HP laptop and in that case it rotated my screen 90 degrees.
I don't think this effects everyone.

James

User

Postby mrdale » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:50 am

Interesting. That has been a part of the testing process that I have not had time to properly address. I use XP Pro (installed on an iMac deployed via Bootcamp) with Firefox to build and check my viewlets. I will eventually need to incorporate IE, and booting to Mac OSX with Safari to check the behavior of my projects.

I appreciate your input and support!

Return to General Discussions