Register

Is it possible to uncompile ?

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Is it possible to uncompile ?

Postby NickPounder » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:56 pm

Hi there,
not holding out much hope, but wondered if there was any way to convert a swf back into a qvp?
I still have my published viewlet (phew!) but have lost the qvp :-( so hence can't make any changes.
Maybe it is possible via an swf editor of some sort; if I could manually delimit the slides and sounds for each slide and save each one, maybe there is a way of rebuilding it like that..
many thanks :-)

Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to uncompile ?

Postby James » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:51 pm

Nick,

There are tools to decompile and SWF but nothing to reverse it back to a QVP. Maybe you could extract slide images or something from it that could be useful.

Sorry :(

James

User

Postby NickPounder » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:52 am

Hi James,
thanks for the update, I suspected not, but I've had a second idea; I do still have the original powerpoint from which the project was built; the problem is the speech as this was a four-hour recording! Groan. However I've just thought - I have a free downloaded gizmo that records anything going through the sound card; I could play back the viewlet and grab the recording for the slide each time. Bit long winded but quicker than doing it all again; so my question is what sound formats can be imported for a slide? e.g. wav etc.

Site Admin

Postby James » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:36 am

ViewletBuilder4 accepts .WAV. Anything newer accepts .WAV, MP3, etc. I would convert to MP3 to keep the file size down.

James

Return to General Discussions