Register

TextZone

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

TextZone

Postby MikeSeckman » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:32 am

I downloaded Version 6.2.11 Build 1541, and am having problems getting the TextZone to work properly. I have 3 slides, the first gives the user the opportunity to enter information followed by a Tab. If they do not enter it properly, it links to the second slide which gives a popup stating that the information entered was not correct and gives them a second chance to enter the info. If they still do not enter correctly, my simulation enters the information for them. I have been using this method with great success. However, now if the information entered is not correct, I have to click in the area and hit Tab again and again for a total of 3 times to advance to the second slide. Same thing happens there, it takes 3 failures to advance to the 3rd slide.

I found out the problem was because I had On Incorrect set to Incorrect Attempt - Last instead of Incorrect Attempt - All. Shouldn't the previous selection have worked?

Thanks for the help,

Mike
Last edited by MikeSeckman on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Re: TextZone

Postby James » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:30 pm

Mike,

You listed TextZone but then mentioned ClickZone in the body. Can you clarify?

Without seeing how you setup the Zone, its not easy to determine the issue. Can you provide this to us?

James

User

Postby MikeSeckman » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:54 am

I ask the user to enter a number. If they answer correctly, the application jumps to the next step. If they answer incorrectly, they are given a second opportunity. If they still enter an incorrect answer, the application enters the number and then proceeds to the next step so the student does not get hung up in a never ending loop. I use the TextZone with Events set to:
On Correct - Move forward 3 Slides
On Incomplete - Repeat Slide
On Incorrect - Move Forward 1 slide (where they have a second opportunity or the app enters the number itself

The problem took place on the On Incorrect Event. If I choose Incorrect Attemp All, it works. If I choose Incorrect Attempt Last (since they only have one opportunity), it makes them try 3 times before advancing to the second attempt, and then they have to try 3 times for the second attempt before the app enters the number.

Hope this is not too confusing.

Mike

Site Admin

Postby James » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:05 am

Mike,

The problem took place on the On Incorrect Event. If I choose Incorrect Attemp All, it works. If I choose Incorrect Attempt Last (since they only have one opportunity), it makes them try 3 times before advancing to the second attempt, and then they have to try 3 times for the second attempt before the app enters the number.

Slide 8 has the attempts set to 3, so it will give them 3 incorrect attempts to get it correct. Have you tried lowering the number of attempts to 1?

attempts.png

James

User

Postby MikeSeckman » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:28 am

That worked.

Thanks,

Mike

Return to General Discussions