Register

Cant change slide duration in VB6Pro

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Cant change slide duration in VB6Pro

Postby clifhanger_uk » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:26 am

Hi,

I'm a novice user of VB6Pro so forgive me if this is a stupid question. However I sometimes, but not always, find that when I try to change the slide Duration in slide properties it goes back to the original value when I click Apply. In this case my first slide duration is set for 237.2 seconds. (I have a large text box with a lot of text on the slide). When I change the display for value to say, 45 seconds and press apply. It just goes back to 237.2

It doesn't happen on every slide but has happened with some slides. Is this a bug??

I did search forum before posting so sorry if this is posted somewhere else.

Many thanks

Site Admin

Re: Cant change slide duration in VB6Pro

Postby James » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:01 am

Hello,

Without seeing that slide with all the elements and their associated timing rules, it will be difficult to tell you exactly. Remember that each element has a timing rule (Reading Speed, End of Slide, Manual, etc). You can reduce the Slide Duration if elements are set to something that would push it back. I would look into the properties of your elements as the place to start.

If you want to send me your QVP via private message I can have a look. Please let me know which slide to look at.

James

User

Postby clifhanger_uk » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:16 am

Thanks for your help. I was looking around and found the timeline. This is what I needed to access. Gives much more detail on timing issues. Funny though, when you make changes to things the timeline of the slide seems to extend itself randomly. It was necessary to change objects on the slide individually to bring the time down.

Took a long time to do, but I got there in the end. Thanks for your help.

Site Admin

Postby James » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:16 am

Hello,

Are you using the latest version? It doesn't sound like it. The current release is 6.2.10. If you go to Help>About you will see which version you are running.

James

speich

Postby speich » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:49 am

Hi, We are having a similar problem in VB Pro 6.2.14 where we duplicate a slide; and then in the duplicated slide, we remove all of the carried-over elements from the time line except for the screen capture itself, change the duration in the slide properties to 1.0 sec. As soon as we hit Apply, the duration reverts to the original time of 13.5 sec (as if all of the elements were still there.

Running this same procedure in VB Pro 6.2.13 works just fine. We can change the duration after cleaning out the time line, and it stays.

Is there a way to either A) fix the duration in 6.2.14 so that is stays; or B) roll back to the 6.2.13 installation

Thanks.

Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Extra frames that sit at the end can prevent you from reducing the duration.
You can either click on them and delete them, or reduce the duration of the longer frames by placing the mouse on the end bar and dragging to the left.

Screen shot 2011-03-08 at 2.35.48 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-03-08 at 2.35.48 PM.png (6.74 KiB) Viewed 6791 times
Andrew Branch

Return to General Discussions