Register

Login Panel customisation

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Login Panel customisation

Postby corporalcuddles » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:20 am

This question is related to the login panel under Project Properties > Language.

I would like to ask the user for their email address instead of a username. Ideally would need to check the email is valid format before allowing them to go to the next slide.
I would normally do this with some JavaScript, but with the Project Properties I don't seem to have any control or mechanism for checking the fields. At best I can change the display name for the username field and ask for their email address instead. However, I have no way of checking the user has entered a valid email address into the username field.

Has anyone come across this issue before and how have you managed to work around it?
Attachments
Login Screen.JPG
Login Screen.JPG (14.16 KiB) Viewed 132 times
Login Panel.JPG

Site Admin

Re: Login Panel customisation

Postby James » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:45 pm

I didn't have any issues changing from Username to Email Address

lang2.png

lang1.png
lang1.png (9.12 KiB) Viewed 131 times

User

Postby corporalcuddles » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:02 am

James wrote:I didn't have any issues changing from Username to Email Address

lang2.png

lang1.png

I dont have a problem changing the display name from "User Name" to "Email Address". The problem is how do I validate the email address is valid format?

Site Admin

Postby James » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:26 am

I believe there is a feature request in for that. You can't add validation to the login dialog today.

User

Postby corporalcuddles » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:46 am

James wrote:I believe there is a feature request in for that. You can't add validation to the login dialog today.

Thank you James,
I wonder if I can use a javascript onload event on the second or third page checking $USERNAME$ and redirecting the user to the start of the training and asking them to login again - is that possible ? The login is not a slide that I have created so unsure I can redirect the user to the login. So, I would need to find out how to redirect the user to login from any point in the training slides?

Site Admin

Postby James » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Perhaps you could collect and validate the email address in an html page separate from the Viewlet and pass it to the Viewlet on the URL.
Then don’t show the login in the Viewlet.

Return to General Discussions