Register

Creating Certificates

Questions regarding installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php

Moderators: James, Rado

Site Admin

Creating Certificates

Postby James » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:03 pm

I've been following your viewlets as well as reading up a bit on how to integrate the Certificate feature.
I'd like to confirm some of these, after looking thru the tutorials:
1. Does renaming a slide to, say, "NAME", allow it to merge with "$NAME$" in the Certificate XHTML string? If so, is there a list I could download to get all the available strings I can use?
2. Since it's only possible to name one slide to a string at a time, does this mean that to obtain the person's name as well as the school name, I'd have to get input by using TWO slides? Is it possible to "grab" many details using only one slide?

Thanks!

Khew

Site Admin

Re: Creating Certificates

Postby James » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:04 pm

1. Does renaming a slide to, say, "NAME", allow it to merge with "$NAME$" in the Certificate XHTML string? If so, is there a list I could download to get all the available strings I can use?

That's correct. There is no list, you can use just about any string with no spaces or special characters, except for the reserved names. For example, "MYDATASLIDE1" would be available as "$MYDATASLIDE1$" within the Certificate.

Reserved strings are: POINTS, MAXPOINTS, SCORE, LOGIN, TITLE, DATE, TIME, OWNEREMAIL, OWNERNAME, USERNAME, USEREMAIL.

2. Since it's only possible to name one slide to a string at a time, does this mean that to obtain the person's name as well as the school name, I'd have to get input by using TWO slides? Is it possible to "grab" many details using only one slide?

It is possible to collect more data on a single slide when you use the "Multiple Choice - Fill in the Blanks" slide type in ViewletQuiz. This allows you to have multiple text fields on a single slide, and these will be available in your certificate as "$SLIDENAME:x$" where x is the text field number (starting from 1 on the top of the slide).

Jay

Return to Discussions