Results not appearing in ViewletCentral Self-Hosted

Questions regarding installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website:

Moderators: James, Rado

Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:35 pm

Results not appearing in ViewletCentral Self-Hosted

Postby beren » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:50 pm

I've put together a couple of quizzes. Everything looks ok, but results are not showing up in Viewlet Central. We have a corporate Viewlet central. Our original configuration of Viewlet Central used port 8000 and now we've switched over to port 80. I see in VB6 when I publish something that it still thinks the URLs are on 8000 even though I switched this over. Could this be the issue?

I did delete the old publish target and created a new one, but even with that I still get no results when people take the quiz.

Any help would be great.


Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 1:27 am
Location: Dolny Kubin, Slovakia

Re: Results not appearing in ViewletCentral Self-Hosted

Postby Rado » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:38 am

To change the port that ViewletCentral Self-Hosted is using, you need to update 2 configuration files:

  • server.xml - locate the "port" attribute of the <connector> element, and change the existing port number to the new one
  • vf2_prefs.xml - first, update the <root-url> element, which contains the URL to your installation of ViewletCentral, and change the port number at the end of the URL, and then change the value of the <port> element within the <app_server> node.

After saving both files, restart of ViewletCentral is needed for the change to take effect.

Return to Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest