Register

How to Improve VCL Upload speed?

Questions regarding installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php

Moderators: James, Rado

User

How to Improve VCL Upload speed?

Postby lonniev » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:31 pm

Despite having a paid plan, I find that the upload to VCL is very, very slow even after not including the time needed to resave and recompile the viewlet before pushing it to the server.

If I transfer similar-sized files elsewhere, they zip along and so I'm pretty sure it isn't an uplink bandwidth issue.

How does one improve the VCL upload speed? (Really, the question is rhetorical. I am implying a need for an architectural change on the server side to first upload the content and then post-process it there rather than sending and processing it simultaneously...)
Lonnie VanZandt
Consulting Systems Engineer
Predictable Response Consulting, LLC

Site Admin

Re: How to Improve VCL Upload speed?

Postby James » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:17 pm

Lonnie,

first, what is your connection type, and how big is the compiled SWF file that you are uploading?

Can you give me an idea when you are doing your uploading so I can compare with the bandwidth logs.

James

Site Admin

Re: How to Improve VCL Upload speed?

Postby James » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:53 am

Lonnie,

I didnt get a reply from you on this. We increased the bandwidth for ViewletCentral recently, please let me know if you see any
improvements.

James

Return to Discussions