Register

Pass a Parameter through Viewlet Survey

Questions regarding installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php

Moderators: James, Rado

User

Pass a Parameter through Viewlet Survey

Postby alex.addington » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:49 am

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to see if there is a way to pass an answer from a survey through the URL for us to capture for notification purposes. We have an APEX page that notifies when a survey is completed, and want to know who to notify based on an answer dealing with the location.

Any ideas?

User

Re: Pass a Parameter through Viewlet Survey

Postby Qathy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:14 am

I don't know if this is possible, but here is some information that might point you in a useful direction.

You can redirect Viewlet stats to your own server. This is done by Sending Your Results to a 'Custom Server' when you configure your publishing options.

redirect.png

Once you do that, you may be able to manipulate how the info/data reported to your server is handled. You can go to this link for more information on this and it may shed some light on a possible solution for you.

User

Postby alex.addington » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:58 am

How about sending the viewlet a parameter value? i.e. appending the value at the end of the URL to calling the viewlet. Can that be customized?

like for example i have the following url:
http://viewletcentral.scgts.com/vc/viewlet/675768/

Would it be possible to add a parameter value like:

http://viewletcentral.scgts.com/vc/viewlet/675768_?region=XYZ/

User

Postby Qathy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:42 am

I'm not aware of any feature within ViewletCentral that will allow you to append the URL generated by the server once you publish to it for your Viewlet. I will check with our dev team and see if they have any ideas for you and will post again once I find out.

User

Postby Qathy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:00 am

As I previously thought, this doesn't appear to be directly supported. The dev team did say it might be possible to achieve using some custom scripting (i.e. writing a button action that would generate and open a URL).

There are various custom variables available for use within Viewlets. Go to this post in our forum and near the end of the post, under 'Methods', you will see a list of variables available up through now the current releases (this list should help if you don't have it already). If the script could access some slide reporting data (such as selected drop down value on a slide) it would be possible to automate this and navigate the student/user to a URL based on the selected value.

I also found a couple of other posts (in earlier versions, but should provide some pointers to you) about custom scripting, etc. that might help you achieve what you are looking to do:

Example 1

Example 2

Again, the information/examples I'm listing above don't directly provide you with steps for your situation, but may contain enough information from other examples to help you create a solution from the details from those examples.

Let know how it goes.

Return to Discussions