Register

Editing a viewlet posted on VCntrl

Questions regarding installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php

Moderators: James, Rado

User

Editing a viewlet posted on VCntrl

Postby khewss » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:32 pm

Hi,

I have uploaded a viewlet created on VB458 recently but found that I set the "passing mark" incorrectly.
As I have already posted the URL for this link for my students, can I go back in my viewlet to correct my error?

If I re-publish another viewlet, this would give me a NEW URL to go to again, right?
Thanks

Khew

Site Admin

Postby James » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:21 am

Khew,

As long as you don't change anything like (Title, File Name, etc) and you are just republishing....the URL is preserved. We actually save the unique number assigned into the QVP file itself, so we know when you are updating.

Alot of times people will change the Title or try to build another project from an exisiting one by doing a Save As...these types of events can cause new URL's to be built.

We'll have some good documentation for these rules when we launch VB5.

You can feel safe that updating your viewlets by opening..changing and posting will be fine. I do this all the time. Each time you publish though, it will create a new VERSION/REVISION which you will see when you click on the stats. You can manually delete the old versions. All new stats that come in will post to the new version.

Let me kno if you need additional info

Jay

Return to Discussions