Register

Need help...

Questions regarding installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php

Moderators: James, Rado

User

Need help...

Postby espradley » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:52 pm

Hello All,

I am a php developer and I have been hired to work on this system. I have never worked with ports before so I was wondering where the files were installed? My client has the self-hosted solution to ViewletCentral.

I can't find the files or the DB to run some additional queries. Anyone got some suggestions?

User

Re: Need help...

Postby espradley » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:47 pm

Okay, with a bit of research, I figured this out. Any suggestions on how to query the database? I cannot find it in phpmyAdmin. Is this a flat file DB system?

Site Admin

Postby James » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Hello,

ViewletCentral uses a Postgres database if that help.

James

User

Postby espradley » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Yea, thats what I thought. I just can't seem to see the DB in WHM or Cpanel.

User

Postby espradley » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:52 pm

Its interesting because according to the WHM panel, postgres isn't even configured on his server. I've been a php/mysql developer for some time....but I can't seem to wrap my brain around where this database exists. I haven't done alot of root access software, so could it be listed somewhere else?

I guess a better question is, where is the config file so I can look this info up? I found where the software is installed.

Site Admin

Postby Rado » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:13 am

Hello, ViewletCentral is a java-based application with an embedded web server and doesn't use PHP. Since you cannot see PostgreSQL within the control panel, it may have been installed manually using the OS shell, or it may also be located on another physical server. Try finding the ViewletCentral configuration file named vf2_prefs.xml - depending on your OS it will be in C:\Program Files\ViewletCentral\vf2_prefs.xml or /ViewletCentral/vf2_prefs.xml. Look for the <database> section to find the IP address / port of the PostgreSQL installation. You can then use the command-line client psql, or the graphical utility pgAdmin to connect to the database server. Hope this helps!

User

Postby espradley » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:46 am

It should be no probelm to pick up the postgres quickly. The missing peice was the PgAdmin part and the config file. Looks like pgAdmin on his server is having a bit of trouble though as it won't let me connect to the postgres server. Its weird.

Anyhow, I appreciate the help and the basics 101. This is going to be a fun project...

Return to Discussions