Register

Trial Version CAM - NO AVI

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Trial Version CAM - NO AVI

Postby KERRYTOUCH » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:26 pm

Hi,

a couple of things,

1) I downloaded and am trying out the ViewletCam, but I get no file generated when I export to AVI? I have chosen all the codec, it makes no difference the results are the same, no export.

Is this right?

2) When will you support higher res GIF's export, eg 24bit output?

Tim

no avi

Postby Tim » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:50 am

1. No, this doesn't sound quite right. Are you receiving any kind of error or black screen and sound is all. Can you try checking the Hardware accelaration on your PC? And turn it down to none. This is usually for an MPG. It may be the size of the avi or the compatibilty. You can export the .vcp to .avi, then use Windows Media Player to play it. Try this. The AVI may be very large. and you will need to compress it. Can you give me some more details?

2.ViewletCam will have trouble with .gif files due to security features. For example, Custom buttons only support .tga format now and does not support .gif files. We have no plans to add larger .gif files for now.

User

Hi again, sorry for the delay

Postby KERRYTOUCH » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:41 pm

Hi, again

i turned off the hardware compression as you suggested it still does not operat when exorting to avi.

What happens is,after i select export to avi, the dialog appears with choose the codec, which i do (microsoft mpg4, & uncompressed, in fact i have choosen a few what one makes no mind to the product.), then very soon after it spawns my windows media player (11), which shows a black screen, and a message saying that there is a problem. i look in the directory, and there is NO avi file just a vcp file. It seems as its not creating an avi at all. I reload the vcp file, and try again, and i see the same results. Other exports seemingly work fine, barring the avi.

wmp11 states...
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. This can occur when another program or operating system component encounters a problem but does not communicate the nature of the problem to the Player.

The question about gif exporting what not related to buttons, but rather the export of a gif animation sequence, which is only 8bit gif, this would be much more useful it it was 24bit, as it would look as good as an avi etc.

Kerry

Tim

trial Cam, no AVI

Postby Tim » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:57 am

kerrytouch,

You mentioned"which shows a black screen, and a message saying that there is a problem." Can you supply this message please.

Tim

User

Postby KERRYTOUCH » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:11 am

Hi Tim,

i did post it, here it is again,

this is what windows media player says

wmp11 states...
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. This can occur when another program or operating system component encounters a problem but does not communicate the nature of the problem to the Player.

As I said i looked in the directory, before closing this window and there is no avi file.

Kerry

Return to Discussions