Register

Old Flash videos created with viewlet cam stop playing

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Old Flash videos created with viewlet cam stop playing

Postby jvolzer » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:10 pm

We have a number of videos on our web site that were created with Viewletcam 1.7 well over a year ago. They have always played fine, regardless of browser. A few months ago we started hearing reports that Firefox users could no longer watch a whole video because they would just stop playing in the middle. We thought, at first, that it was isolated to Firefox, but now many IE users are reporting the same thing. Here at our office most browsers no longer play the files, which have not changed since they were created. I assume they have something non-standard in them that older versions of Flash ignored but that cause a problem with newer versions. Can anyone help? If you'd like to have a look at ours, they are at http://www.surpasssoftware.com/surpass_cl_tours.htm. Thanks!

Site Admin

Re: Old Flash videos created with viewlet cam stop playing

Postby James » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:21 am

Dear User,

The problem surfaced when Adobe released a recent version of Flash 10. The SWFs created in Vcam1.7 and early VCam2 could stop playing.
We located the issue and resolve in VCam2. Adobe changed the way they handled things and caused this.

To fix you just need to upgrade to Vcam2 and republish using the latest code.

James

User

Postby colleen » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:51 am

By republish, do you mean... "Start Over"?

I have this problem with all of my videos made in v1.7 (lots). I have tried the trial upgrade, regenerated the .swf files, and still same problem using Adobe Flash 10. If I need to start over with new screen captures etc, we are talking about hundreds of hours of work.

Thanks

Colleen

Site Admin

Postby James » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:42 pm

Colleen,

If you are using the latest build of Vcam2 from our website, then you won't have a problem. All you need to do is open the VCP file
and republish to SWF.

If you are using the latest version and still having a problem, please open a case using our online form.

James

User

Postby joselb » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:26 pm

I have being converting lots of old vcps with almos no problem. In fact I have 1, promtly solved by suuport team. It was related to some images overlays I used in the movies, they seems to be corrupted when they in fact where not corrupted. But a fresh new release (build 189) solved the problem.

Specifically about flash 10 problem, all them went off after a recompiling.
Jose

Return to Discussions