Register

Not recording any sounds

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Not recording any sounds

Postby masterctrl01 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:58 pm

Old laptop was running sluggish and so moved everything Qarbon related to new laptop and installed latest v2 (build 180).
Am performing the exact same steps on the new laptop with same settings and nothing records. I am playing a video in Media Player with sound using Computer settings as source for the recording.
An audio track appears in VeiwletCam project, but playback has no sound. Playing an old project works fine.
It appears the app does not recognize the sound source and records a bogus blank soundtrack. The soundtrack appears to too regular to be a valid one (long squiggly line with no breaks).
Have tried reinstalling, restarting, and setting hardware acceleration at various settings. Also tried Microphone, Computer and Default option for recording sound.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

User

Re: Not recording any sounds

Postby vmarm » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:29 pm

Were you able to record audio using this exact setup (running Windows Media Player as a standalone player instead of running the movie inside the browser) in a previous version of ViewletCam2? If you are not sure, here's something to try. First, try a test by opening a movie trailer or a Flash movie file of some kind that contains audio and play it back inside the browser. Keeping your recording settings for audio as "Computer" see if it records the audio. If so, then there may be a conflict with the Media Player itself and ViewletCam2 during the recording session with the audio portion. If this test does NOT record audio, make sure that your laptop mic is muted (select the appropriate checkbox) and if not, try it muted and see if that helps.

Let us know what happens. If this isn't successful, we may need to talk to the developers and do some testing to see if this might be a bug in the 180 build.

User

Re: Not recording any sounds

Postby masterctrl01 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:56 am

I went back to the old laptop and tried it again and noticed the audio portion only appeared to work for the beginning of the recording. I lowered the hardware acceleration setting and that seemed to help, but the end result is the audio is not fully in sync (gets further out of sync over time so that audio is ahead of the video by the end of the recording). That is why I want to try the same recording on the new laptop which is a faster machine with a dual processor. I will try playing with more audio settings on the new laptop and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks.

Return to Discussions