Register

Older ViewletCam error

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Older ViewletCam error

Postby FlahDesign » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:45 am

I am running VC 1.71 and whenever I select to create a viewletcam using the Capture a single window, I drag the select tool to the window I want to capture and click on Finish. Fine and dandy.
When I click on Start recording I get an error: init_shot_dx 2 error. The file is not created and I can't either stop or star anything. Have to exit and come back to VC.
If I drag the window selector to the desktop it records fine but it won't allow me to work with a browser window for example.
I need to create a viewlet of a website so I need it to work with the browser window.
Any tips, tricks, information, solutions and/or advices are appreciated.

FayeC

Site Admin

Re: Older ViewletCam error

Postby James » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Faye,

What OS are you running?

What build of VCam1.71?

James

User

Postby FlahDesign » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi James,

Build 0033?
I am running Windows XP Professional SP2
Core 2 CPU, 3.5GB RAM
I have noticed that VC doesn't support dual monitors so I tried the same process on the main monitor and although I don't get the error (init...) I am still unable to record anything if I select to capture a single window and drag the selection tool to the browser window. I have tried dragging it and dropping it on the main window, taskbar, address bar.....nothing....the selection tool comes back to the select tool icon like nothing was selected and I can't use the Start record button or the ctrl+alt+F11. Even if I click on it it won't start recording.
Any clues?

FayeC

Site Admin

Postby James » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Faye,

Have you tried to a custom screen area or full screen capture?

What browser? (IE or FF)

James

Return to Discussions