Register

ViewletCam and Flash Player 10.0.22.87

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

ViewletCam and Flash Player 10.0.22.87

Postby userchina » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:33 pm

My English is not good,But I need help.
I use VCam2.0 to export "swf" file.but "swf" file should not a very good playering in flash player 10.

it is swf file in "http://www.qarbon.com/presentation-software/viewlet/demofiles_vc/kinetic/KineticTypeDemo.html" ,It also should not a very good playering in flash player 10.

At my other computers are also tested on,Same problem exist.
VCam2.0's swf files should not a very good playering in flash player 10 in china.

Please help me,Thanks!

Site Admin

Re: ViewletCam and Flash Player 10

Postby James » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:59 pm

Dear Customer,

I updated my Flash player to 10,0,22,87 and I noticed the Viewlet only played partially. We are looking into this for you. I tested on 10.0.13 and it was
working fine so it must be something that was changed or broken with the latest player released in Feb 2009.

You can always remove the latest player and install the previous version if you want. We will work on an update for this once we locate the problem.

Update (3/15/09): The issue was resolved in build 170 of VCam2. You will need to download and install the latest version and republish to fix. We
are unable to build a new VCam1 product. The only solution today would be to upgrade. It's possible that Adobe will correct the issue in a new
player release as well. If new issues are found, a new build will be created and posting online, so check back from time to time.

Here is a link to the upgrade page:
http://www.qarbon.com/store2/product_pa ... ab=upgrade

Here is a link to download the latest version to test
http://www.qarbon.com/download/registra ... iewletCam2

James

User

Re: ViewletCam and Flash Player 10.0.22.87

Postby alexchiou » Wed May 13, 2009 5:39 pm

This is a very serious bug of your product, ViewletCam. Please tell us how to fix this problem because all my viewlets created by ViewletCam before can be playback now.
We found that browsers embeded with latest Flash player can not palyback any viewlet created by ViewletCam 1.7.
Please let me know how to fix these problem as soon as possible.

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed May 13, 2009 8:43 pm

Hello,

If you read the post above this that you replied to, it explains exactly what needs to be done. Adobe has changed some
things in Flash 10 that has broken the SWF's created by Vcam1 and Vcam2 up through build x169. To resolve you
would need to upgrade to Vcam2 (latest build) and republish the Viewlets as we've created a workaround/fix for this.

James

User

Postby barabashko » Sun May 17, 2009 1:54 pm

new version of viewletcam2 exporting SWF to html+JS format.
But i need to post video to my site and it does't allow to integrate JavaScripts.
How can i insert video without JS ?

second quastion is -
how can i get .SWF without player? only video in flash mode

Site Admin

Postby James » Sun May 17, 2009 6:14 pm

Hello,

The reason you see a minimum of 3 files now is to provide a solution for IE users wanting to workaround the "Click to Activate" message you
are used to because of the issues Microsoft faces with embedding Flash.

Putting the code to call the SWF file in the .JS file and then calling it from the HTML file is one of a few workaround options available.

Here is some information this issue: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/activeconte ... tter.html'

There are way to integrate the calls for the SWF inside the HTML if you didn't want to use the Javascript method.

As far as the player bar, if you go to TOOLS>PLAY CONTROL BAR, you can select not to have a player bar.

James

User

Postby ilankom » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi all,
about this problem, i have a few tutorails which i have already exported to SWF and unfortunatelly i don't have any viewlet source files.
Therefore i can't reexport the SWFs.
The question:
Is there any other way to decompile the swf , and comiple it back, but in a new version, so it will be played out with flash 10 ?
Thanks in advance.

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:40 am

Yes,

There are programs to decompile, change/update, and recompile. We can do this as a service for you if you want.
One program I know is available is http://www.sothink.com/product/flashdec ... /index.htm. They make a decompiler.

James

User

Postby peersoftware » Fri May 14, 2010 1:28 am

Is there any way to decompile an swf and then import the flash file into a new viewletCam project so it can be recompiled? If not, what would be the process of recompiling these old movies without a project file? I understand we need to decompile the SWF, but do we have to purchase the latest Macromedia Flash to be able to recompile the flash file to be compatible with the latest version of Flash player?

Thanks

Site Admin

Postby James » Fri May 14, 2010 11:24 am

The decompile is used to make changes to the sourse code. The same decompile software can recompile back to an SWF.
ViewletCam requires the .VCP file in order to open a project. We recommend having our team update the SWF files for you.
You can contact sales @ qarbon.com for pricing.

James

Return to Discussions