Register

AVI Export fails

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

AVI Export fails

Postby Scott » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:21 pm

Greetings I have noticed that Viewletcam Version 1.71 (0033) fails to export .AVI files on two machines I have tried it on.

The program just crashes and goes away. It does not matter how long the movie is, 5 seconds will crash too.

Site Admin

Postby James » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:41 pm

With AVI export...you are given a list of codecs to use...which one did you select. Try a different codec.

User

Postby Scott » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:07 pm

James wrote:With AVI export...you are given a list of codecs to use...which one did you select. Try a different codec.

Greetings on both machines I am not given the option the program falls over at the point it is opening this window I think.

Regards Scott

Tim

AVI export

Postby Tim » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:48 am

Scott, reinstall version 171 (0033) and see if it helps.

User

Re: AVI export

Postby Scott » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:46 pm

Tim wrote:Scott, reinstall version 171 (0033) and see if it helps.

Greetings Tim, I did an uninstall and a reinstall of a fresh download from the Quarbon site.

1. I selected an area of the screen and recorded some mousing around for about 5 seconds.

2. I went straight to export as AVI

3. A message that pops up is a warning that the dimensions may not be compatible with a VP60 Set Top box. I had to OK the same pop-up twice in a row.

4. What I think is the 'choose codec' window opens (was empty, grey-framed white box with an OK button at the bottom) for about 1 second then the program crashed.

Regards Scott

Tim

AVI Export

Postby Tim » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:12 pm

Scott

This error message indicates the AVI converter codec is screwed up. It is not in ViewletCam but on your PC. There may be a program or app installed that replaced it. If this is something that just started happening, you may need to use XP system restore to go back a few weeks to when Cam was working.

Or you can uninstall the other apps that may have replaced the codec. This explains why the uninstall and reinstall didn't help. Cam is most likely depending on some system AVI codec that has been replaced by some other program.

User

Re: AVI Export

Postby Scott » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:54 pm

Tim wrote:Scott

This error message indicates the AVI converter codec is screwed up. It is not in ViewletCam but on your PC. There may be a program or app installed that replaced it. If this is something that just started happening, you may need to use XP system restore to go back a few weeks to when Cam was working.

Or you can uninstall the other apps that may have replaced the codec. This explains why the uninstall and reinstall didn't help. Cam is most likely depending on some system AVI codec that has been replaced by some other program.

OK thanks for that.

I suppose the issue is that all my video applications work flawlessly. I have Sony Vegas 8 Pro and do a lot of video work on both machines, using quite a few codecs. All the AVI stuff is also fine.

The thing is that the program crashes when it looks for a codec, it doesn't even show any. That sounds like a qarbon bug to me?

What AVI codex is Viewletcam looking for do you know?

Regards Scott

Tim

AVI export

Postby Tim » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:10 am

Scott,

We cannot reproduce this error and have not had this error reported in the past. This may be some configuration on your PC. It may or may not be a Qarbon bug, but if Qarbon development cannot reproduce it and having never had this reported before, it makes one think it must be on your system. Maybe if we had the vcp and knew what OS you are using we could pursue this further.

User

Re: AVI export

Postby Scott » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:33 pm

Tim wrote:Scott,

We cannot reproduce this error and have not had this error reported in the past. This may be some configuration on your PC. It may or may not be a Qarbon bug, but if Qarbon development cannot reproduce it and having never had this reported before, it makes one think it must be on your system. Maybe if we had the vcp and knew what OS you are using we could pursue this further.

I understand the position that you are in, however this forum is hardly that active either.

I ignored this on my old pc for about a year, when I got my new pc, I had the same problem. It happens on my home PC too. So that makes three. It's obviously a video codec issue and the only thing that is common to all my pcs is Sony Vegas (video editing package).

But it's Viewlet Cam that falls over when it tries to open the codec list. It appears as an emptydialog box with a white insert where the list should appear just before it falls over.

Is there a registry setting I can try/reset to make Viewlet cam use a particular codec?

Similarly, why do I get a warning about set-top box video dimensions 2x in a row before it lets me proceed with the AVI render. Does that suggest that something is not set correctly? Does viewletcam make a log somewhere?

Here's a screen-shot jst before the program crashes.

Regards Scott

Tim

AVI Export

Postby Tim » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:10 am

Scott,

Whether it is VCam or Sony vegas, I think we need to dig deeper than this Forum allows. I suggest we open a case on this so we can better research this issue. Please fill our the Support Form at this link and be sure to supply an explanation of what you have experienced and be sure to attach this screen shot.

I will be watching for this case to come in.

http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php

Thanks
Tim

Return to Discussions