Register

Embedding ViewletCam swf in ViewletQuiz

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Embedding ViewletCam swf in ViewletQuiz

Postby ilsnz » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi,

Not having any luck embedding viewletcam-made .swfs into viewletquiz - the problem is retaining the functionality of the player bar in the .swf (moving forward or backward through the movie doesn;t word with any of the three player bars when embedded into VQuiz).

Cheers
Patrick

Site Admin

Postby James » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:32 pm

Patrick,

Embedded SWF objects launch but the player bar for the viewlet does not control the embedded flash movie...this will play out until the slide movies ahead. If you are using ViewletCam, then the embedded object should have its own player bar.

We do plan to add more embedded flash control objects in the near future

James

User

Postby ilsnz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi James,

The problem I'm having is that a Viewlet CAM swf with it's own player bar is fully functional (I can slide the player bar to fast forward / rewind through the movie). However, when I embed it into VQuiz, the play and pause buttons from the Viewlet CAM control bar still work, but I can no longer go forward or backward.

Cheers

Patrick

Site Admin

Postby James » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:59 pm

I thought we worked on this with you before....we found that when you move the Vcam movie anywhere but the top left...it seems to throw off the correct position of the player bar...test this theory by moving the vcam movie and see if the player bar works. If so...maybe you can redesign the page around it for now.

User

Postby ilsnz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:21 pm

Hi James,

Yes, we did discuss this about a year ag0 - just wondered (a) whether I'd missed something that you'd fixed on a recent upgrade or (b) whether anyone else reading these forums had experienced / overcome the issue. I know I've fixed a few things that way...

Here's a version of the problem with the movie set at Left=0, top =0.

http://www.ilsnz.com/123.swf

Same problem. Guess I'll continue to use it as a popup movie rather than embedded if it can't be done.

Cheers

Patrick

Site Admin

Postby James » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:59 pm

Yeah...we still need to play with the embedded Vcam files and the reference to the buttons, etc. The output for Vcam has a different structure that VB or VQuiz...we are testing Vcam 2.0 right now which has different skins as well...I have our flash guy looking at it now for you.

User

Postby ilsnz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:04 pm

Cheers! :D

User

Postby Michal » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:49 am

Hi Patrick,

this isn't in fact the VQuiz/VB issue. We're working to add an fix into the VCam viewlets. To have the VCam viewlet worked in VB/VQuiz you need to put it in a top left position (0, 0) and to use for example the Gray ViewletSkin without the Table Of Contents Table. Only in this case is the embedded VCam viewlet really in the top left position. In other words, when our skin has a frame on the top, or table of contents (TOC) on the left, the position isn't 0,0 but is moved to the TOC width and the frame size.

I hope, this could be helpful in some cases as an workaround till the VCam Viewlets are ready to be embedded into VB/VQuiz viewlets.

Best regards,
Michal

User

Postby ilsnz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:48 am

Thanks Michal - this'll certainly be a good temporary fix for a few issues!

Patrick

Return to Discussions