Register

Mouse pointer turns black when merging vcp-files

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
lottasegerqvist

Postby lottasegerqvist » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:18 am

Hi! When I merge two separate vcp-files, the mouse pointer turns black in the second vcp-file. This also happens when I pause during a regular 2 minute recording, and when I start the recording again, the mousepointer and 'hand' used when a link is clicked, goes black. :shock:
I use the Windows standard settings for mouse and pointers, which is standard white (as I want it to be displayed in my recordings). I do no have this problem if I record a movie in one sequence without pause or merge.
And I have not had any problems with this elsewhere on my computer or in any other software and my graphic card is working fine.
Anyone have a solution?
Thanks!

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:11 pm

lotta,

Make sure you are using the latest version 171 (0033). You should be able to right click on the blackened pointer and go to Preferences and then select a white hand or pointer to replace the blackened pointer. This may be a bug in the current version when two conflicting vcp files merge. One of the cursors is not being recognized and it turns it black.

Tim

lottasegerqvist

Postby lottasegerqvist » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:00 am

Hi, thanks for your answer, although I am not sure what you mean when you say that "I should be able to right click on the blackened pointer and go to preferences....". Where? in Windows control panel or in Viewlet Cam? I can't find anything called Preferences! And it is not the pointer that turns black, it is the windows 'hand' when clicking on a link.
Because if you mean in Windows, believe me, I have tried to change to different cursors a thousand times... in case that could make an effect on the 'hand'. No change when doing that though!

I have not tried to upgrade yet, and maybe that will solve the problem.
Thanks, Lotta

Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:20 am

Lotta,

There does seem to be some confusion as to exactly what you are referring to. I took it that you are referring to the cursor arrow in your viewletCam project was turning black. You referenced a pointer. This has nothing to do with Windows and everything to do with ViewletCam.

In viewletCam, if the cursor is turning black, you can select the mouse cursor on the slide or in the Time line and then right click the cursor and an option will appear to open , close plus one for Preferences. If Preferences is selected, it gives you the option to "change" the cursor symbol.

You stated .....the mouse pointer and 'hand' used when a link is clicked, goes black.....the hand shows up when you first select a cursor on the slide or the time line. If the hand is turning black then it may a bug in the program. However, we have never seen this reported. It may be that using the latest version 171 (0033) may resolve this .

Tim

lottasegerqvist

Postby lottasegerqvist » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:51 am

Hi again,
OK, the problem is solved now, after I upgraded to version 171(0033)! :D

Still, I am not sure what you mean with:
'In viewletCam, if the cursor is turning black, you can select the mouse cursor on the slide or in the Time line and then right click the cursor and an option will appear to open , close plus one for Preferences. If Preferences is selected, it gives you the option to "change" the cursor symbol.'
When I right click the cursor in the Time line, I can only choose to select Properties and in that box (window) I can choose to use a small cursor arrow or a larger on (both in white). That's it!
:shock:
Anyway problem is solved with the black cursor!
Thanks for all your help!
//Lotta

Tim

Postby Tim » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:11 am

Lotta,

I am glad the latest version fixed it. Preference vs Properties was a brain freeze on my part. Sorry to mislead you, it is Properties.

Tim

Return to Discussions