Register

Viewlet wont start!

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Viewlet wont start!

Postby 1tony6 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:09 pm

I downloaded viewlet and installed it and it ran perfectly the first time but i tried it again and it would nat start the only way to use it is to reinstall it. Is there anything i can do about it and just to be specific i am using a Windows xp and the version of viewlet is 1.71. Any help would be apriciated :) :)

Tim

Viewlet won't start

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:11 am

1tony6,

I am a bit confused. Are you referring to viewletCam or viewletBuilder. You mention using version 1.7.1, which is a version for viewletCam. If this is viewletCam and as you say the program won't start...can you give me some more details ...is the program failing to launch, or is it asking you to register whenever you launch? An error message you receive may help dianose the problem.

Please let me know.

Tim

User

Postby 1tony6 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:23 am

its viewletcam and nothing pops up at all i double click it and nothing happens it doesnt ask me to register or anything

Tim

viewletBuilder won't start

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:50 am

This is very unusual. Something on your PC is blocking the launch of viewletCam. Opening the program with the Cam icon should work just fine. Make sure there are no pop up blockers, or other anti virus on your PC that may be blocking the exe file.

Otherwise try uninstalling the program using the add/remove program on your PC and then reinstalling a new version from this link to the standalone installer. Save the installer to your desk top and open it from there to install.

http://www.qarbon.com/ftp/download/viewletcam.exe

Tim

Site Admin

Postby James » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:58 am

I would also see if there is a process in the taskmanager keeping it from opening. Try rebooting to clear that too.

User

Postby bieghe » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:57 pm

I also recieve the same problem. After running Viewlet Cam once and close it i can no longer open it again until i either restart or reinstall it. When I run the .exe nothing happens and in the task manager Viewlet Cam flashes quickly and then disappears. I have already tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but that did not work. Any help would be great

User

Postby 1tony6 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:33 pm

LOL way ahead of you i saved the viewletcam.exe file on my desktop so if i need to run it i have to double click on the exe and to be specific i rebooted the computer to try it too

Tim

Viewlet won't start

Postby Tim » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:58 pm

1tony6,

I need to know if viewletCam will run or or if it is the icon that is disabled. If viewletCam was installed on the C drive then Go to C>Program Files> Qarbon>ViewletCam > ViewletCam.exe

Select ViewletCam.exe and right click and select open. Does viewletCam launch? Please let me know.

Tim

Return to Discussions