Register

Have you got VC2 working on Win7 64Bit

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Have you got VC2 working on Win7 64Bit

Postby JohnGee » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I am trying to get the latest VC2 working on Win7 Pro 64bit.
Program runs, but will not capture any mouse-clicks. Mouse-clicks are lost so nothing I click on works, and VC records screen and mouse movement.

I have been working with Qarbon support, but am just wondering if other users have QC2 running properly on Win7 64bit. :?:

I have tried turning off all other un-needed programs, switching off all the Win7 fancy screen settings( no Aero, no transparency, shadows etc) but still no joy.

John

Site Admin

Re: Have you got VC2 working on Win7 64Bit

Postby James » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:46 pm

John,

From reviewing your support case, is the issue that it's not capturing the rollover popups?

If so, please test build x237 that we emailed you.

James

User

Postby JohnGee » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:26 pm

James

Yes, I have installed and tested that latest version ( 2.237 ) and now all works well. :D

Only one small issue as reported back to Jay where the mouse-clicks are working again, but they are not being colored along the mouse time-line. But that is no problem here.

Thanks for the update. ViewletCam is my favorite screen movie making program. Simple to learn and use.

John
Attachments
vc2mouseclick.png
shows no color for mouseclick
vc2mouseclick.png (7.64 KiB) Viewed 4144 times

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:10 am

John,

The developers are telling me that the issue only happens when you capture a 64bit native application on a 64bit machine. If you capture a 32bit application it should correctly show the colored blocks. This looks to be a bug in Windows at the moment.

To explain further:

VCam uses Hook procedure to detect mouse clicks and keyboard pressing. 32 bit applications run on a WOW32 subsystem of a 64 bit system. The Hook procedure for 32 bit applications (let's call it Hook 32) can work on a 64bit system, so if you use VCam to record a 32 bit application, it will have no problem either on 32 bit system or 64 bit system. If you want to record a 64 bit application on 64 bit system, Hook 32 cannot work. That's why there were no key frames or mouse clicks.

James

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:02 pm

John,

We think this is resolved now in version 245. I will send you the link. If you can test and get back to me in response to this post I would appreciate it.

James

Return to Discussions