Register

SWF file not synced with audio, unlike VCP file

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Postby tomboy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:07 pm

I've built a large (18 min, 92MB) audio file and am attempting to sync a vcp file (captured with the plug-in). All is well in the editing, the file plays and the slide tranistions happen synced with the sound. However, when I compile the SWF file, delays are introduced somehow and the slide tranistions no longer align with the sound. How can this be corrected? [VC version is 1.71-0026]

Tim

Postby Tim » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:53 am

tomboy,

Try to synch the sound layer. Press CTRL and click the sound layers you'd like to mix, then click the right mouse button, select "mix audio" .

See if this helps correct this.

Tim

User

Postby tomboy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:20 am

Thanks for the quick response!

I don't think I described my situation well enough. I've got a single audio file that I've imported. (Thus, there aren't any audio "keyframes".) I recorded the vcp file while listening to that audio file, to do a rough-cut synchronization, then I edited the vcp file to import that one audio file and adjusted some graphics and mouse timing to get the slide transitions more precisely lined up with the audio. So now, the vcp file is synced up pretty well, but (even though I tried your suggestion), the swf file falls out of sync after only about 90 seconds.

I don't know if it's related, but the playback controls on the preview swf file don't seem to function. I can't pause the swf file, and when I try using the slide bar to change the location in the playback of the swf file, the visual component changes, but the audio keeps on playing as though I hadn't changed a thing.

Curiouser and curiouser....

Return to Discussions