Register

Problem with copying Notes between VC2 files

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Problem with copying Notes between VC2 files

Postby tony2476 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:03 pm

I am in the process of creating several training video where I am demonstrating some online processes for our users.

In all four of the tutorials, certain parts of the tutorials are identical (ie. Login procedure) so I am trying to save some time by copying some of the Notes that were created for the first tutorial over to the second tutorial.

However, my success rate is not 100%. When I copy some Notes from Tutorial # 1 and paste them into the designated spot in Tutorial #2 then work perfectly.

But when I try to do the same for other notes, I can see the note indicator in my timeline, but nothing appears on screen...as if the Note is invisible. :?

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

User

Re: Problem with copying Notes between VC2 files

Postby vmarm » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:27 am

I've seen this happen when copying across projects, but not paying attention to the frame in to which the object is being pasted. If you are seeing an indication that the object does have a layer along the Timeline, but appears "invisible", this just means that you need to go to the frame along the Timeline where the note will first display. To do this quickly, just double click on the title of the note's layer. This will advance you along the Timeline / layer to where the note first is visibly displayed along the Timeline. The image below should help. Let us know if this is what is going on.

notes.gif

User

Re: Problem with copying Notes between VC2 files

Postby tony2476 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I figured out that the reason why I could not see the notes even when the was viewing the correct spot in the timeline.

As it turns out, the notes were being pasted "off stage" so they were not visible anywhere until I figure out how to select them
and then drag them back "on stage".

Return to Discussions