Register

How can I blank parts of a Sound track?

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

How can I blank parts of a Sound track?

Postby jdstephenson » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:45 am

I'd like to blank out short um's, ah's other unwanted noises people make when they record their live software video demos in ViewletBuilder8 Enterprise. How can I do this? Thank you! jds

Site Admin

Re: How can I blank parts of a Sound track?

Postby James » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:40 am

Hello,

ViewletBuilder doesn't have sound editing features because we assume with all the tools available (many free) that there was no need to recreate the wheel. What I prefer doing is navigate to the Resource folder of the project and open the WAV/MP3 file in my favorite editing application, make the changes and save it back to the folder leaving the filename the same. This makes sure that the application can still find the file.

Here is a free tool we use: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

User

Postby jdstephenson » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:34 pm

Ahhhh, but wouldn't the sunrise be that much brighter every day if one could do these simplest sorts of edits right from the Modify Sound utility? The software even tempts me with that hope in the waveform track display (waveform scaling would need to be added.) It would be sooooo easy! Well, until your users kept demanding more and more functionality be added to it. OK, maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all. Anyway... Thanks! jds

Site Admin

Postby James » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:16 am

I'm pretty sure it's something that we'll add the next time we break open the sound code.

Return to Discussions