Register

Scoring options

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Scoring options

Postby info » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:59 am

I have a quiz which gives the user a question followed by 3-5 options to choose presented as a dropdown list (A, B, C etc)
Sometimes they have to put them in the right order, others they have to pick the best 3 choices
At the moment, it appears that they have to get every single one of the answers right to get the score, and if they get some but not all right then they get zero.

I am using the latest version (3.0.4), and must be doing something wrong. But what...?

Thanks

Site Admin

Re: Scoring options

Postby James » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:44 am

Info,

Without seeing how you setup everything up it's impossible to know the exact problem. Just remember that only QUESTION slides have scores...SURVEY slides
do not. In the Project Properties you will need to setup the scoring options (PASS/FAIL %) so the score can be calculated properly.

Right now you may only have PTS per correct answer setup but not what % is PASS/FAIL.

Here are some things to check:

1) Setup the number of PTS you want to give each question if ON CORRECT

pts.png
Setting up Points

2) Make sure you have a way to SUBMIT A QUESTION (this is setup by default on the Submit Button)

submit.png
Submit Question Event

3) Enable Scoring (Pass/Fail %) so the score can be calculated based on the PTS correct

scoring.png
Enabling Scoring (Pass/Fail %)

James

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:16 pm

Info,

I think I see now what you are trying to do. You want PARTIAL scoring on Multiple Choice / Multiple Answer question types.
Right now it's either Correct or InCorrect which is why you are seeing 0 PTS being recorded.

You will need to break those up into separate questions.

We plan to add PARTIAL scoring in an upcoming release.

James

User

Postby info » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:35 am

Thanks James

So no quick work around is possible now whilst keeping the different options visible?

Without holding you to it, when is an upgrade which might incorporate this scheduled for?

BW

Peter

Site Admin

Postby James » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:46 am

Peter,

We have a cool workaround for surveys...let me see if it will apply to questions.

Partial scoring along with other updates to will be later in the year.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=596

james

Site Admin

Postby James » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:10 am

Hello again,

I got this back from our developers:

"it's possible to create the same custom scoring like we did on survey slides for question slides also. The user will have to update all question slides:

- remove the "Display Message" action for Correct and Incorrect events
- set only 1 attempt for question slides

Then the customer should be able to create custom scoring/partial scoring with the use of JavaScript."

The link I provided above gives all the info as well as examples. If you need help we can bill you for the developers time to
configure an example for you using your test so you can duplicate.

James

User

Postby info » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:28 am

Thanks, I have started working through this and get stuck at the bit in "acquire data" when it says "Now we are going to implement this JavaScript action in the HTML Frame. The code is as follows:"

I can't see this code in the sample that is provided, so don't know where to put it!

Help.

THanks

Site Admin

Postby James » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:54 am

Info,

The scoring_example.qframe has the Javascript code already build in it.

Just stick that in your My Viewlet Assets folder in the HTML frames folder and you will be able to select that in the Project Properties>HTML frames window to see the added code

james

User

Postby info » Sun May 17, 2009 2:43 am

James can I ask you to revisit this with more detailed instructions for me please, I'm struggling!

I have the scoring_example.qframe file, and I need to stick it in something called a My Viewlet Assets folder in the HTML frames folder. I can't find anything labelled as this. If I go into project properties and html frames, there are 2 green plus buttons, but neither of them let me upload the scoring_example.qframe file. The one on the top asks for a file name, and creates something automatically. The one on the right allows me to upload it to the middle window, but that's the wrong place!

Why does the custom_scoring_example_final.vie project not contain it already? All I want to do is get to the bit where I can assign scores to the question 10 about the customer care rep, and I think I will be able to adapt this, but it seems to be very hard to follow. I'm not a programmer, but nor am I a computer novice.

Many thanks

Peter

Site Admin

Postby James » Sun May 17, 2009 8:01 am

Peter,

All the HTML frames are store in your My Documents folder in a folder we create called My Viewlet Assets Library.

If you are on Vista then it would be in Documents > My Viewlet Assets Library.

Just copy those Qframe files into this folder with ViewletBuilder closed and reopen when you are done.

Here are a few pics:

custom.png

custom2.png

User

Postby info » Wed May 20, 2009 1:36 pm

James, thanks - simple when you know how!
So now I have a series of questions, and the person doing the quiz can give a score to each question.
Can I count different questions separately?

So, for example, questions 1, 3, 5 and 7 give a composite score, questions 2,4,6 and 8 give a different score, questions 9, 11, 13 a different total score etc
Can those scores be produced at the end of the quiz, and then, ideally, be able to click from each score individually onto training slides etc

Peter

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed May 20, 2009 1:47 pm

Peter,

Are you using a Quiz question type or Survey question type? For Quiz questions this is built into the product, but for
Custom Scoring survey questions, it is possible to assign points to a survey question and at the end have the total
value of the points perform some function.

James

User

Postby info » Fri May 22, 2009 12:27 am

Thanks James

What I am trying to develop is a scored survey of attitudes, so that users can rate the strength of each answer. At the end, certain questions combine around certain attitudes, so I'd like users to be able to see what the survey has scored them in relation to each attitude to give an idea of where they are scoring most strongly.

So the points for questions 1, 3, 5 and 7 give one score,
questions 2,4,6 and 8 give a different score,
questions 9, 11, 13 a different total score etc

The leading score then directs (by clicking) the student to the strongest attitude they hold, the second strongest directs to another area etc
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Peter

User

Postby info » Thu May 28, 2009 11:49 pm

Can you tell me if my aim in my previous post is possible, and if it is how to assign these scores. I've been through the custom scoring example and it isn't clear (to me at least) how to do this. The instruction "function summarise" doesn't appear to fulfil the remit, as it branches off based on total score, whereas I want to have different scores accumulating as the survey is taken, as described above. If someone could help me out here, I'd be enormously grateful!

Thanks

Peter

Site Admin

Postby James » Fri May 29, 2009 8:50 am

Peter,

What you are trying to do is most likely possible but would require additional programming. I can't have my guys work on this for free.
If you are willing to invest some money, I can get a quote for professional services on this task.

James

User

Postby info » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:15 pm

James I understand of course, can I get an approximate estimate please.

Peter

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:09 am

Peter,

I sent you an email about this directly, just waiting for a reply from you so we can move forward.

James

Return to Discussions