Register

Display image based on response to multiple choice question

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Display image based on response to multiple choice question

Postby rick2428 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:05 am

Hello,

I'm doing a quiz where there are a number of instructors directing students to it. I have icons created for each instructor and the first question I've created asks the student for an "Access Code" which I've put in as a Quiz question with the 'correct answers' being codes that correspond to each instructor. Once a user enters one of those codes, I'd like the icon for the respective instructor to display and to continue to be displayed throughout the rest of the quiz (approx 15 questions). Can you think of a way to do this? My brain is starting to hurt thinking of ways to do it.

Thank you.
Rick

Site Admin

Re: Display image based on response to multiple choice question

Postby Andrew » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:25 am

I think it would be easier to ask the access code before viewing the Viewlet and then place the professor outside of the Viewlet into the surrounding HTML frame. You would have to write some server side script, maybe PHP, to read the access code and direct them to an HTML frame with the professors icon.

It would look something like this....

Calc.png
Andrew Branch

User

Re: Display image based on response to multiple choice question

Postby rick2428 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:53 pm

Thanks for taking the time to put that together Andrew.

Much appreciated.

Rick

Return to Discussions